LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     05 February 2009

Is there any Night Courts in India

Is there any night Courts in India like medical Officers to attend to emergency night works, that is prevailing in some countries?

Learning

13 Replies

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     05 February 2009

Sir, In the State of Tamil Nadu we dont have any such night Courts.  In case of extreme urgency when the matter is represented to Registrar General in concurrence the CJI, the matter is taken up at the residence of the judges.

N.Ramakrishnan (Advocate/ Senior Partner)     05 February 2009

I agree to disagree with Mr. Perumal. I am aware that some night courts are functioning at the Egmore, GT and Saidapet Metropolitan Magistrate Court Complexes in Chennai. The timing is upto 8.30 Pm or 9.00pm

Thanks, Ramakrishnan, ADV

1 Like

Ravi Arora (Advocate)     05 February 2009

right now there is no such court working in u. p.

but i heard that it will take place  soon

but it will be morning and evening not night

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 February 2009

Dear all,

Considering the mountain of pending cases in the Country, it is high time for the Government of India to consider for starting with Night Courts through out the Country, as suggessted by some legal luminaries. The night Courts can take up emergency night works as well as pending cases

Sumit Phadnis (Lawyer)     06 February 2009

I am hearing this this thing first time.

Thanks for information.

Sumit Phadnis (Lawyer)     06 February 2009

I am hearing  this thing first time.

Thanks for information.

Abhishek (law student)     06 February 2009

Night courtz are a gud move...keep them up!!!

Hiren Modi. (Practicing Lawyer)     06 February 2009

Yes.

since  last  one and half , in our  Gujarat   every  district  has a one night court, at  TALUKA  LEVEL.

night  court   is  constituted  for the  petty offences, prohibition cases, and other criminal  matters. 

night  courts  functions starts at  6.00pm  and  over at   8.00pm.  Judicial  magistrate  first class  is  the presiding judge for the night courts.

night  courts  is quite suitable for  pending cases and especially for cases  related to compromise, and prohibition.

there is less posibility in our india, to M.O. attend the night courts.

kumar sachin (lawyer)     07 February 2009

as far as i know, thr is no such court in india

Adv.Shine Thomas (Advocate)     07 February 2009

Yes,I heared about it .

R N Thiruneelakanden (Advocate)     07 February 2009

In Tamil Nadu there is no night court only evening courts are functioning in several district head quarters and some more towns right now.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     08 February 2009

Shift system to judiciary is a welcoming proposal. In all area there is night shifts. Like that the courts must function in night so that an extra team of  judicial officers can take over the seat in the night nad can hear and decide the cases. The advocates also must work in night shifts. This can be made applicable in government services also. In outsourcing area in IT there are full time night shifts depends on the working houyrs at USA and UK. Then why can't we apply this to all fields. Coming to the present scenario I welcome and appreciate the idea of night courts.

S.K.SARRAF (ADVOCATE) (LAWYER)     08 February 2009

So far, in SIKKIM, we dont have such Courts yet.

But in the wake of ever rising piles of files n volume of pending cases, the need of the hour demands Night Courts.

Indian Judiciary - is still performing today's tasks with tools of yesterday ; its high time they need a change.

I will raise this issue in our next Bar meeting.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register