LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman ( )     25 July 2009

Is it not a Breach of Contract ?

As per the advertisement by National Law School - Bangalore, and confirming about the same including the fee details for foreigners/NRIs in exchanging several emails with DED (Distance Education - NLSIU) regarding M.B.L program, I had posted my application form including the DD for the course, transcripts and another DD for their mailing to me the course material etc, two months ago. After three weeks, I started sending mails to them to confirm whether they have recieved my application kit ! In fact, it is the responsibility of Law  School to send me the acknowledgement card. 

After my persistent attemts, the School finally responded me to tell that the fee regulations were being changed for the foreigners/NRIs and I would have to pay the new amount now. I am surprised to see this kind of descrepancy at a prestigeous Law School. 

Don't I have a perfect ground to show that there is a breach of contract involved .... ?

Please advice. 

Learning

2 Replies

DD Sathe (Contract Management)     15 September 2009

you may have case-but fine print may have some rights reserved!

Theja (Lawyer)     31 October 2009

Normaly, in notifications we see that the notifying party mentions in its notification that the particulars herein may be revised or changed by the body with or without intimation to the applicants. So, before applying we have to read the instructions clearly. In your case I understand your grievance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register