Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tipsy (importer)     26 November 2008

Is it necesary that Municipal assessment/Property tax Bill to be transferred in the name of purchaser from builder ?

I got Transferred My Ware house transferred in my name by paying stamp duty, but I am getting Municipal assessment bill or property tax in the name of builder, is it necessary that Municipal assessment bill or property tax has to be transferred in my name as purchaser, because transfer cost is Rs 22000/-

Is there any penalty of Not transferring Municipal assessment bill in my name, as i am Paying regularly, even though bill is in name of builder

Please advise

Learning

2 Replies

Tribhuwan Pandey (Advocate)     26 November 2008

In general being a real owner of the propery there should be some record/evidence in a municipal record.

In future if want to sell your house you may get difficulties bcoz mutation is not in your name, it denots you are not a real owner as per recent laws and also depends on the bye-laws of your municipalty.

At present time transfer cost is Rs 22000/- in future obviously it will increase why this delay.

gspal (home-based transcriptionist)     17 December 2008

Dear Mr. Pandey:

In Municipal records of New Delhi, property tax challan comes in the name and is paid by the widow of a deceased who owned the residential property but died intestate and the widow is not the registered owner of the property. Does it tantamount to that the mutation in the municipal records has been made in the name of the widow?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register