Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ghanshyam Thakkar (manager (Development))     27 May 2012

International marriage - 30 days notice

Dear Sir,

As regards my second querry, I need your advice for the following.

My Russian lady friend is to retire this month and is planning to visit India in August for 6 months. After she will come over, we are to solemnize our marriage as per civil law. Now the querry is, (1) If I collect the marriage registration form from the local office and fill up the required details of my part and then after I send it to my Russian friend to fill in her details and return back the form to me for further submission to the registrar office, so as to save the time of 30 days notice period, whether is ok and allowed to act like that? The lady is to come over in the month of August, so to save on time, we think like this. Please advice. (2) It is mentioned to produce original birth certificate with the names of father and mother. Now the question is, in the year 1950, when I was born in a tiny village, no such records are available now a day. So, how to meet with the requirement? I have my passport, will it suffice for this? or I will be required for some affidavite? (3) My Russian girl friend has wanted to maintain her present identity in tact after our marriage too, so is possible? Whether is allowed as per our rules? If not, what is the alternative? These are the points for the time being and I earnestly request you for your expert advice on early basis.

Thanking you, Sir,

yours sincerely.

G. J. Thakkar.

Learning

2 Replies

K. M. Khokhar (Advocate)     31 May 2012

Dear Your Marriage will be solemnized  according to Special Marriage Act For more details please visit www.court-marriage.com.

Ghanshyam Thakkar (manager (Development))     31 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your kind guidance.

regrds,

G. J. Thakkar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register