Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil Chalke (Software Engineer)     22 March 2011

Inter caste Marriage

Hello,

This case is regarding Inter caste marriage between Maratha and Shetty. I am a maharashtrian while my girl friend is Shetty. Her parents are not ready for marriage and are continuously threatning her that they will do anything to stop this marriage.

We have decided to go for court marriage and I also approached a lawyer. The lawyer told me that it will cost me around 8000 Rs.

She was trying to fool me, as when i cross questioned her that will the police protect us, she said that no, the police will support her parents and started talking something about parental custody.

My girlfriend is 21 and I am 22 (will turn 23 in May). So i guess we both are not minors and we have the right to marry.

Can anyone please give me a guide to how to proceed with the marriage formalities. And also the marriage registrar Fees

Learning

8 Replies

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     23 March 2011

Dear Nikhil

both of you go before the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar/Marriage Registrar along the documents they are (i) for age proof 10th Marks card (ii) address proof and photos, both of you being mojar and Hindus the marriage will be registered under HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, the fee may be around Rs.750/- to 1000/- you can proceed without the help of advoates also, there is a notice period of one month also for objections, so dear you can approach the Marriage Registrar.

Regards

Bayya Reddy

Nikhil Chalke (Software Engineer)     24 March 2011

Thanks a lot Mr. Reddy.

What about the Police? if her parents approach Police and she agrees that she wants to marry me, then will the Police help us or will they support her parents.

Regarding the marriage reigstrar procedure, does the police come home for verification purposes like address verification. Its very impt for us that my girl friends parents stay uninformed about this marriage. 

Thanks Once again.

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     24 March 2011

Dear Nikhil,

you don't fear about police, police will not come for verification of address, both you are major so both of you have the right to choose yours partner. 

Nikhil Chalke (Software Engineer)     29 March 2011

Thanks a lottt Mr. Reddy.

(Guest)

@Nikhil Chalke

Dont worry you will find the procedure in lci section just search and you will get all the info.

And you  both are not minor so procceed the marriage registration .And you don't fear about police as you both are not minor ,take a decison of your own.

Good Luck!:P

Sangeeta D'souza (teacher)     11 June 2011

Dir sir

i am done inter caste marriage i am dsouza and he is More so 1.5 yrs have been passed but we cant registed our marriage as we were not having the proof as we have done love marriage and np family was ready to take us

sandeep verma (advocate)     16 June 2011

hello nikhil..

yes you both are major and go for court marriage..

Following are the documents required for the Performance & Registration of court Marriage...

1. Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons).
4.If any party is divorcee  Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower  Death Certificate of the dead spouse.

6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address - Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses ( Both should be major ).

FOR  MORE  DETAILS  CONTACT  ADV. SANDEEP @ 9818673748.

sandeep verma (advocate)     16 June 2011

hello nikhil..

yes you both are major and can  go for court marriage..

Following are the documents required for the Performance & Registration of court Marriage...

1. Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
2. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
3. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons).
4.If any party is divorcee  Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
5. If any party is widow / widower  Death Certificate of the dead spouse.

6. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address - Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
7. Two Witnesses ( Both should be major ).

FOR  MORE  DETAILS  CONTACT  ADV. SANDEEP @ 9818673748.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register