LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

javed ahmed (fdddf)     19 June 2012

Income tax

is it possible to get a detailed information of a person in respect of his property under right to information act 2005?who is the authority to make an application in this regard?

regards,

javed

Learning

3 Replies

Aditya Prakash Choudhary (CM)     19 June 2012

I think it is not possible to get information regaridng someone else property using RTI. You may obtain information regarding functioning, rules, compliance, etc of government departments/PSUs using RTI.

Cauveri KM (Nil)     21 June 2012

My father registered a settlement deed in favour of myself (50%) and my brother (50%) two years ago. As on today my brother decides to relinquish his 50% share in the property to myself without any consideration.

Query - Whether the relinquishment by my brother will attract Capital gains tax. If so how the captial gain tax can be determined when the consideration is NIL. Is there any way to avoid Capital gains tax.

Cauveri KM (Nil)     22 June 2012

My father registered a settlement deed in favour of myself (50%) and my brother (50%) two years ago. As on today my brother decides to relinquish his 50% share in the property to myself without any consideration.

Query - Whether the relinquishment by my brother will attract Capital gains tax. If so how the captial gain tax can be determined when the consideration is NIL. Is there any way to avoid Capital gains tax.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register