LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MVenuSwara (Others)     08 July 2009

Husband - poor creature

Is Husband legally duty bound to bring back wife from her parents house; if he happened to leave the wife at her parents house for casual stay, etc.  Is there any law that bounds that "IT IS HIS (HUSBAND'S) DUTY ONLY TO BRING BACK THE WIFE FROM HER PARENTS HOUSE AND SHE SHOULD NOT OR CANNOT COME OWN OR SHOULD NOT BE DROPPED BACK AT HER MATRIMONIAL HOME BY HER PARENTS, ETC."  EVERYWHERE WIVES HARPING ON THAT THEY WERE LEFT AT THEIR PARENTS HOUSE AND NO BODY CAME TO FETCH THEM ?  WHAT IS THE LEGAL SANCTITY OF WIVES THIS CLAIM IN EVERY CASE VIZ DIVORCE, MAINTENANCE, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ?

Learning

9 Replies

saumit joshi (advocate)     08 July 2009

no dear nowhere in law as you talk about., but in normal  course if your wife went to her maternal home after arising disputes with you. and  in that case its your duty to bring back home with consent. so without any reason your wife went to her home.... 

Adv. Amita A. Virkar (Advocate)     08 July 2009

It is one of the fundamental purpose of a marriage that d spouses must live together, and it is an equally well established  rule of matrimonial law tht 1 spouse is enttitled to the society and comfort of the othr. if one spouse leaves the othr. without any just cause or excuse, the later can approach a court of law , praying for decree of restitution of conjugal rights u/s 9 of hindu marriage act

Vishwa (translator)     08 July 2009

Dear Amitaji,

The minute she sees me, my wife starts screaming insults, beating, scratching biting etc. One of the first things she does is to snatch away my spectacles leaing me almost blind and the second thing is to tear off my shirt while giving me a thorough beating. Of course, she does all these things when no witnesses are present. My hands are callused with hard work and with just one slap I can send her to hospital for several days or weeks. In such a case, I would definitely land up in jail and being a chronically ill person, I will surely die within a few days, jails not being famous for the quality of their medical care. This is precisely what my loose character wife wants and though I have not given any cause for such hatred, it will give her immense pleasure. Do let me have your ideas as to how I can restitute my conjugal rights - flowers? chocolate?

Vishwa

In rishikesh - battered but not neaten

Dear sir,

first of all cool down...whn ur wife start doing abv mentioned thng be calm let her do whtever she wants to do , as far as possible calmly bt very confidently ask her, why she is doing this things to u...wht she want? smtimes wht haapn we tk our spouse for granted and after smtime spouse burst out emotionally and behaving in such way...ask her clearly wht she want? wht she expects frm u? if thr r smthings u can do it for her...try to settle the matter. but if she is not willing to carry this marriage thn instead of fighting with each other go for mututal consent divorce..and live ur life happily...

plz...do not tk any extream steps...ur life is precious...people cm in our life to teach us take the lesson...basically i want to mention one thing here which is out of law ...basically female thinking is diffrent thn male thinking...due to this also many problems occures....there is one book of John Grey Men  are from mars and women are frm venus..plz read it...it is on relationship of men and women..it decribes the behaviour of male and female..i think it will help u...may god bless u..give u peace n happiness tht u r seeking...

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     12 July 2009

Actually Vishwa has committed the crime of getting married, and no body can save him. Yes, if due to his bad luck, his wife gets to meet a real smart lawyer- he is as good as dead.

Marriage is a relationship which provides no protection to men. In fact the legal relationship of marrige promotes false allegations against men, extortion of man's property & income and degardation & slavery of man's soul.

Men must refuse to marry. Those who have committed this sin of marriage, must pay for their sins.  

Adv. Amita A. Virkar (Advocate)     12 July 2009

TALI KABHI EK HAANTH SE NAHI BAJTI..FAULT DONO SIDE HOTA HAI....

san (social service)     13 August 2009

Family Laws are very much gender biased, hence the cause of agony for people like Vishwa.

Any Indian wife can go and lodge a police complaint under sec 498A against her husband. Whether he was guilty/innocent(innocent is mostly the case), is proved after a long torturous legal battle.  The spouses who are tortured, continue to suffer in silence.

The more innocent a person is, more the angst. For no fault of his, the legal machinery is torturing him.

Where does the question of TALI arises. This is a slap on the husbands face, needs only one hand, that of his wife.

A.P.Manoranjan (ADVOCATES & LEGAL ADVISORS)     10 November 2009

Really I pity on Mr.Vish wa for his tragic tale.It is not the fault of the wife alone that Mr.Vishva should understand. He should seek the reason for such outbursts from his wife and find a solution to it rather admitting self abnegation.No law can cure emotional torture than the person himself.Better saw a psychologist and find the ways for reddresal.Medication and Meditation can save the marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register