Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

waradan r n (Private)     15 December 2010

How to marry a girl from their parents opposition?

Sir, 

One of my friend love a girl. Both of them are majors. My friends parents accept his love, and they want her parents permission. So my friend and lover waiting for her parents permission. But her father and mother not accepting their marriage, even they are not ready to speak to my friend also. They are little wealthy than my friend. Both of them not ready run away from home and get marriage. Because my friend's lover has one younger sister. If they take any decision it may affect her's sister. So they are keep on trying to talk to her's parents. If my friend go and talk to her's parents, if they not accept then what will my friend has to do? They are not yet doing registered marriage in future. What is the best way to solve this issue... Kindly help me. My friend keep on feeling the issue only... I am seeking immediate response. Thanks in Advance....

Learning

2 Replies

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     15 December 2010

What help can anyone render in this case excepting their views which would differ from person to person? If both of them are serious about the relationship, they should go ahead and have a registered marriage. Things may cool down after sometime or they may not. You can't have everything in life...so your friend and his girl friend need to take cool and mature decision, after considering whether the girl would be able to take alienation from her parents and the consequences of her decision on her sister. Who knows her sister also may prefer a marriage of choice rather than arranged marriage?? So ask them to take one step at a time rather than trying to solve all problems which life brings along...one needs lot of conviction, commitments, grounding,  and courage to take one's own decision.

Good luck to your friend and his girl friend...

preet (advocate)     16 December 2010

In my opinion, Lovers have to marry with each other but not tell in the family any one and live in family as they live earlier. When the sister got marry they take any decision which they want. In this way there is no effect of there decision on sister marry and they also live with each other. (Take example from sathia movie) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register