Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How can Nri stop anyone from filing false charges.

I am an Nri.i have been living in another country since 15 years now and have no contact with India..My business,work family is in US..My brother who is in India doesnt want me to even visit my parents as he is being greedy regarding the property..so he is filing false cases against me.How can I stop him from filing false cases against me.Is there anylegal protection I can receive..

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 March 2011

@ Author

1. In India no one can stop anyone from approaching a legal remedy as he/she deem think fit to his / her satisfaction.

2. Maximum you can act in given situation is to appoint a local person on Power of Attorney basis to represent your side and defend your interest or no-interest whatever the case (direction you may like to give to this person without setting foot on this soil as you yourself say that from 15 years you have no contact) may be, instead of trying to seek a un-Constitutional blanket immunity on life and liberty clause basis as not even President Clinton could save himself from being subject to what happened down memory lane you know all about it better than us herein India.

3. There are excellent Ld. Advocates in Property Law Forum of this premium law portal whose services you may seek to represent your side of views. 

Davinder Khurana Ferozpur(Punj (advocate)     07 March 2011

Yes,

You can file a caveat against him, mentioning ur as well his adress in it.

(Guest)

Im sorry for asking this dumb ques but what is a caveat.And where to give it to??Plz suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register