Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Help needed against police bullying

Hello everyone,

Forgive me if i posted this in the wrong category, i am new to this forum. This event took place yesterday afternoon in North Delhi.

I had parked my car in a MCD park's parking and was watching a movie inside my car on my laptop with a friend of mine when suddenly a cop came and told us to leave the park immediately. On asking what wrong i did, he started bullying us and said that let's go to the police station and i'll tell you what wrong you did. He said that it is illegal to park the car in the parking if you're not going inside whereas there were many other cars parked there as well in which people were just sitting and doing other things.

I am myself a student of law and i highly doubt that i broke any law. Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

venkatkrishna (AGM)     28 February 2012

Hellow.....  This is India.  Police they  are ruling the country.  You can fight with bu,  ultimately you will be end up with "0".  They  file false case and once it is registered you have to face the music of our  great  courts for years together for the samll case.  Always it is better to  close the issue withi smiling face, even though your blood boils.  If you start arguing with them you will repent.  Ultimately you have to greez their hands.

regards......Krishna.

1 Like

(Guest)

Thanks for your reply Krishna, even though I hate to say this but I agree with you, we live in a country where cops will do as they will and if you try to raise your voice against them, you will have to pay for it. Its really sad that this is the condition of our country. I contacted the vigilance department and they told me to file a FIR in the police station and to contact them if they don't take any action. Once i go to the police station, I know what's gonna happen, there's no use of filing a FIR against one of their own. Sad but true, its better to avoid it.

V D Shah (Manager - Fin. and Legal)     28 February 2012

Really sad and sorry to hear about this but not surprised. Some policemen think that they can speak with anyone anyway they want..just because they are police. For some, it just boosts their ego to bully educated people.

Maybe you should prepare a legal notice first and then go to police station. Tell them that if they don't give a satisfactoy response or don't register an FIR, you will send a legal notice to the concerned policeman.

Other option instead of a legal notice is to write a compliant letter demanding response/action in a certain number of days. After that if  you don't get a response, file RTI enquiring stats of your application.

Other suggestions welcome.

(Guest)

Thanks for your reply VDShah, I did write a complaint letter demanding response/action and sent it to the concerned police station, the police commissioner, vigilance department and a couple of more departments but I have not received a single response from them. I don't think they will respond to it. They are very good in defending their own people. I will file a RTI but I doubt that would do any good too. Thanks anyway.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     28 February 2012

Before proceeding read these links to understand the real and pathetic situation:

1) https://www.indianexpress.com/news/police-chief-earns-hc-ire-for-not-reviewing/753004/

2) https://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/Police+to+pay+Rs+6+lakh+for+framing+false+cases/1/89926.html

3) https://kafila.org/2012/02/21/delhi-police-special-cell-encounters-frame-ups-impunity-manisha-sethi/

Rather that hitting around the bush on the symptoms of the systemic problem, try to find out the root cuae. If you realy want to fight a case, fight for RKBA, it is guaranteed under Articles 19 and 21 of the Constitution but still the people of these country have been deprived of the same.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     29 February 2012

It needs to be understood that on 15th August 1947, there was just a transfer of power from British to Indian rulers. Bhagat Singh was correct when he predicted that white sahibs will be replaced by brown sahibs, everything else will be same. The entire legal framework, bureaucracy, police, judiciary etc. originally designed to extract wealth from the country and opress the people and supress ruthlessly any form of dissent, have been retained. Everything has been cleverly retained and protected under the Constitution.

Among these are broad powers given to the police that lets them, harass, detain anyone in the name of maintaining public security or ‘law and order’.

Not surprising that this mindset continues due to protection by the system, and the police harass, detain anyone they please. In these scheme of things to ensure ultimate safety of the oppressors, the citizens of this country have been cleverly disarmed in every practical manner like slaves.

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved."- Aristotle

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." - Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

What is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote. And among those rights is the natural and fundamental Right to Keep and Bear Arms which allows all other rights to exist at all.

“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.” – Thomas Jefferson

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”~George Washington

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it."- Daniel Webster

‘‘Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined’’— Patrick Henry

‘‘...for it is a truth, which the experience of all ages has attested, that the people are commonly most in danger when the means of insuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion.’’— Alexander Hamilton 

‘‘Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficial ... the greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding’’ — U. S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis, 1928

‘‘The right of self-defense is the first law of nature; in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest possible limits. ... and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.’’— Saint George Tucker, Judge of the Virginia Supreme Court 1803

‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’— Abraham Lincoln

‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’— Unknown

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."- George Orwell

"The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world not destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside ... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them ... the weak will become prey to the strong." - Thomas Paine

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The church, the plow, the prairie wagon, and citizen’s firearms are indelibly related. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable. Every corner of this land knows firearms, and more than 99.99% of them by their silence indicate they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference; they deserve a place with all that’s good. When firearms go, all goes; we need them every hour.”-George Washington

shailendra kumar (retired govt servant)     02 March 2012

Write to the police chief an informal letter stating the facts  with copy to local MLA and the MP. Normally the heads of the city police prefer to maintain good public relations to avoid new problems coming up. and so do the MLA and the MP for your vote . the police chief may not reply but definitely he will pull up his subordinates as he is overworked and does not want such silly things to blow up and further waste his precious time. even though he may have his limitations in his public posture , privately he still doesn't want his subordinates to create trouble for him when his hands are aleady full with criminals and security duties..  The MLA or MP will use these examples in their  meetings etc to brow beat the police though none may inform you of it .  But complain you must and always to the chief in an informal manner about the police rudeness and high handedness and keep  for records. Dont believe that all are hand in glove.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register