Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suggestion (graduate)     13 April 2011

guide me please

Sir,

I have filed the Domestic Violence case against my husband  in the Metropolitant Magistrate court.On the day of the argument my husband has filed an application in the above court,for transferring this present petition filed by me,to the Bombay High Court.

I have got the certified copy of that application,which has its MCA bearing stamp no.on it.

Now whether I have to go through the High court website to check the date & time,& on that day can I personally go & write a simple application for rejecting the transfer order.Or what can be done to reject this transfer order application,in the High court without engaging a lawyer.Please suggest,as I am very confused & has asked this querry several times.

Regards.

Learning

7 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     13 April 2011

YOU HAVE NO NEED TO APPROACH UNLESS YOU RECEIVE ANY NOTICE FROM HIGH COURT. IF HIGH COURT SENDS YOU NOTICE TO APPEAR ON ANY PARTICULAR DATE THEN TAKE HELP OF LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY BY MOVING A SIMPLE APPLICATION IN HIGH COURT AND YOU SHALL BE PROVIDED WITH ADVOCATE FREE OF ANY COST.

Sir,

I have filed the Domestic violence case agaist my husband in bombay Metropolitan Magistgrate court.

As we both live at different places in mumbai.It is very difficult for me to go the high court,as its very far away from my place.My husband is just doing this to seek time,to give the reply of my filed petition of Domestic violence against him.

As you have suggested me,to go through the high court website.I have wrriten the name & tried to find the full details of my case,which shows it was filed on 19/3/2011.And the last date was 28/3/2011.Other details are not displayed.Can you please tell me how to search the next date ,or any relevant data of this case.The application no. is MCA stam no.7655/2011.Please suggest.

Regards.

Damayanti (Unemployed)     13 April 2011

Hi EKK

You should receive notice if it is admitted in the first place. until then MM won't adjourn it sine die.

Mere filing of case des not say 'stay of proceedings', anyways husband has to also apply for 'stay of proceedings' alongwith 'transfer petition' .

If stay of proceedings is ordered then only MM can stay the proceedings. Otherwise your proceeding should go on. You should raise above objections that there is no explicit stay of proceedings. And also no tice has been issued to you. you don't know whether husband's transfer petition is adimtted or got rejected 'at admission level'. Husband may file a affidavit that he has filed the 'trasfer petition'. but that may not be sufficient.

If files the affidavit that 'transfer petition admitted and scheduled for hearing of the same' and 'stay of proceedings at MM is ordered to stay' by HC until adjudication of transfer petition', then and then only MM would stay the proceedings, otherwise not.

Bench:- SINGLE
  Last Date:- 28/03/2011 Stage:-    
  Last Coram:- REGISTRAR (JUDICIAL)  

Act :- C.P.C.- (Interlocutory Order)

Is he trying to transfer it to Thane?

If within the same jurisdiction he should  have gone in Sessions Court and not directly to Bombay High Court.

Mam,

No mam he is not trying to transfer it to thane.He has filed it in Bombay high court.

Mam what are the chances ?whether it will be accepted or will it be rejected?

Thanks for your advice.

regards.

where did you file it? e.g. MMFC at dadar, andheri, borivli?

And where your husband wants to trasfer it?

You amysen pm also to me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register