Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joseph (Engineer)     04 June 2010

GIFT DEED CAN BE GIVEN BACK?

Hi all,

I have a query on GIFT DEED. My Grandma gave me a Gift Deed by Last Year and it was registtered by Last year itself. Right now, I have the Electricity Bill, House Tax bill in my Name.

I am willing to give the Gift Deed back my Grandma. Now is it possible to give the GIFT DEED legally back to her?

Note: In the GIFT DEED it was higlighted  that my Grandmother cannot modify or cancel the deed.

Regards

Joseph

Learning

6 Replies

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     04 June 2010

A property gifted. The person to whom gift is made acted and possessed. The donor of the gift cannot make changes of make it invalid. Now the property  is yours. You can act up[on the property depending upon the terms of the gift. If nothing prohibit you to assign, you can make an assignment deed and transfer the property.

N. T. NIRALE (ADVOCATE)     04 June 2010

It is not possible to return the Gift deed. But the property received through the gift deed can be gifted to the person who has gifted it.

In a case where the grandma has given a gift, the property recived under that gift deed can be given as a gift to same grandma.

penjuri venugopal (Advocate)     05 June 2010

Once gift deed is executed in your favour by your grand mother and the property belong to you as per gift deed. It can not be given back in ordinance sence. you  have to apply for cancellation of gift deed and pay for fee if required before registration office. Court can interfere in this issue and pass suitable order after hearing both sides.

venugopal

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     06 August 2010

As my learned friend Mr.Nirale said Gift can be Gifted to the person who has Gifted it.

Ajay Kumar Giri (Advocate)     07 August 2010

Yes u are the owner of said propertry at present by virtue of that gift deed and now u can also execute a gift deed in ur grandmother's favour becuase u are the owner of said property now.

shyam sunder agarwal (profession)     16 November 2010

as the gift deed is always revokable.it will be a better alternative if your grandma agrees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register