Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dinesh kanchi (manager)     04 June 2012

Get written statement of wife and in laws when she returns

Hello everyone,

My wife has left my home after some quarrel between us. My in-laws have been polluting her mind after her marriage. But after going to her parents home, I see that they now realize pinch of this action, bad publicity in society. They are not facilg tough time answering to relatives questions about this issue. 

Now my wife is thinking of returning back to my home, I see some steps being taken by her parents (like trying to convince my parents/relatives, etc.). Though this dispute has not gone upto serious level (like filing 498a, FIR, etc) But I want to be safe from my side this time.

hence i am thinking of getting written concent from her and her parents when she returns home. do you think it will be a good idea and if yes and what points should i get written in stamp paper?

I know this stamp paper thing will not help me much if in future she files 498 against me, but I just want to take some kind of confirmation in written form form wife and in-laws.

Learning

14 Replies

SURESH KALAGA (secretary)     04 June 2012

Mr. Dinu,

You can ask your wife to write a registered post letter addressing you that she is reliased from her mistakes and now she wated to come and live with you to lead a happy marital life. Hence, please come and bring her back.

But she should not mention in that letter like "as suggested by you, I am writng this letter etc. etc..".

This registered post letter difinitely will help you in case she goes against you in future in any maner.

Suresh.K

1 Like

Asha (aegfdg)     04 June 2012

Hi Dinu,

I guess it is fine to get a written  consent. You should also be ready, if she comes up with something to get a written consent from you as well.

What is the guarantee that you wont send her out after she signs the consent??

There are many questions that arises. Only if both of you trust each other, this can work. Only if both of you want the marriage to work this can happen.

1 Like

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     04 June 2012

Yes you can take it.

All is NOT well (Harrased by Biased Laws)     04 June 2012

Originally posted by :SURESH KALAGA
"
Mr. Dinu,

You can ask your wife to write a registered post letter addressing you that she is reliased from her mistakes and now she wated to come and live with you to lead a happy marital life. Hence, please come and bring her back.

But she should not mention in that letter like "as suggested by you, I am writng this letter etc. etc..".

This registered post letter difinitely will help you in case she goes against you in future in any maner.

Suresh.K

Good Suggestion by Suresh. Else your wife could tell like the weitten statement was forcefully written by her and you got this written....you should follow the same way as suggested by Suresh Kalaga..but be sure that registerd letter should be duly signed by your wife and better if it could be signed by your in laws as well

"

Deep Narayan (learning)     06 June 2012

In my view it is not a good idea also it is not legally accepted and cannot be taken as granted.'

also all these will nither prevent u and ur family if she repeats such act or register FIR and 498a case nor help u in gaining benefit after FIR is registered.

yes she can also tell later that she was forced to write such letter.

Vikash (Project Manager)     06 June 2012

I am also facing same problem and thinking on same line of action. My wife has filed few falses cases like DV, 125c and planning to file 498a as well. But after regular talks she is ready to take all cases back, I want a written compromise deed where she mentions that all of her previous allegations were false and now we have settled down our differences and want to continue a good married life. If she mentions all these things and a get a certified court copy, will it be a safe legal instrument in future against false 498a cases??

NiceManMyself (self)     06 June 2012

How about summarizing the past issue in few bullets, and get it signed by all parties - both husband and wife side?This would serve as a document for future reference. Once copy each with parents and in-laws. This might be a better option.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     06 June 2012

Originally posted by :Vikash
"
I am also facing same problem and thinking on same line of action. My wife has filed few falses cases like DV, 125c and planning to file 498a as well. But after regular talks she is ready to take all cases back, I want a written compromise deed where she mentions that all of her previous allegations were false and now we have settled down our differences and want to continue a good married life. If she mentions all these things and a get a certified court copy, will it be a safe legal instrument in future against false 498a cases??
"

This type of question is often put to us by both wife and husband.  If such undertaking is given by wife, and after that undertaking both husband and wife resume their matrimonial life, again wife file any complaint under Section 498-A,

In the case of husband:  he can use the undertaking in getting anticipatory bail / regular bail on the ground that the wife is  habitual in putting false allegations.  But after that in the real trial, this undertaking willl not be helpful and the case will be decided on its own merits.

In the case of wife:  she can say that the undertaking is given under compulsion and inducement offered by the husband to provide harmonious matrimonial relationship, even though the allegations were true to the core.  She can say that after obtaining the undertaking, taking advantage of it, he became more cruel.

So, as Ms. Asha said above, the mutual confidence, respect and love only pave way for future harmonious relationship.  

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     06 June 2012

And its very very dangerous to trust this wife who has tasted blood already. If things go wrong u will be screwed like never b4

Anir (Supervisor)     07 June 2012

I am also facing same condition. My wife has filed several false cases againset me but I am ready to forgive her. She is ready to live with me but as I asked her to take all cases back with compromise deed and mention that all those dowry and DV allegations were false in that case we can start a freash life. She is saying that she will only take all cases back but in compromise deed she will not mention to be procteded in future as well. But with all those allegation I can't think about a fresh start. She is blackmailing me to file 498a if I am not taking her back. She is saying that you are in no condition to put any condition in compromise deed so better just take me back and and get al cases returned. But that would be a future threat for me. Please advice me...

Amit (NA)     07 June 2012

Never accept a woman who blackmails with 498a. You can't live in a relationship based on fear and intimidation.

dinesh kanchi (manager)     07 June 2012

here is update of my story:

this time instead of asking for settlement deed, i used weapon of my daughters school. her school was about to start this week. i had paid near 1 lakh this year to admit my daughter to one of best school in city, so i called my FIL and asked what they have decided about my daughters further education (I did not speak anything about my wife and issues between us). And as usual my FIL started abusing me on phone and told me that he will get admission in school better than my city.

then i took out my real weapon: my reply to FIL- "ok, go ahead, tomorrow i am going to cancel my daughters admission and get my 1 lakh fee back and you have to take full resonsibility of my daughter education. I have recorded your conversation, so if my daughters does not get better education, responsibility will be urs"

Actually my FIL is not well educated, and i was sure that they will never be able to educate my daughter in better way, my wife also knew how tough it had been for me to take admission in good school. so surprise- Next day morning, my wife returned back home unconditionally.

After going through so many bitter experiences, my final conclusion is my wife does not have any affection for me and my family. So it' will be wise if I to keep less expectations from her, it will reduce conflict between us. So my new motto for happy life ahead: think of your wife as enemy, but never let her know what you think, being diplomatic like indian politicians is key. So this night onwards, I will be sleeping with my enemy :)

1 Like

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 June 2012

I withdraw my legal advice given to you.

1 Like

Asha (aegfdg)     07 June 2012

Dhinu,

As said earlier by you that your in-laws are polluting your wife's mind, you can influence her too.

I understand that she is being treated like a puppet.

There is no reason you should be angry at her. You should be angry with your in-laws. Everyone are bound to make mistakes.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register