LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chiru_HR (Tax assosiate)     14 February 2012

Get form16 from previous company

I joined a software company as a software engineer but with the bond of 1 year that is not on the legal paper but only on the company's letter pad. If I leave the company before one year, I have to pay 2 month salary(2 lacs) which I take from the company.. but company kick me any time with the notice of one month.

After joining the company i found that their is no my good carrier/ joob security here. I have discussed this with my manager many times. so i leave the company by imidiate resignation after 7 months.

As per agreement i should give two month notice or equivalant salary.I choosed two month notice but employer is asking two month salary.Employer did not give me place to work too.

I have also sent mail to HR & CEO  but no use. There is no acknowledgement from the employer for the resignation mail yet.
on November, I declared self relieved.

I need FORM16 document to submit file income tax for this financial year. Not yet received my final settlement documents from previous empoloyee including form 16.

I have sent many mail to HR & CEO regarding FORM 16 but they are responding my mails.

Cam you please suggest how can I get FORM 16 doc?

Learning

2 Replies

CA VK Dwivedi (Job)     16 February 2012

under income tax act it is responsiblity of employer to give Form 16 to the employee before 31May ofr the relevant PY. You are entiled to get you Form 16.

To me bond / service agreement does not have any legal validity. 

chiru_HR (Tax assosiate)     17 February 2012

Thanks Dwivedi for u r information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register