LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaurav (owner)     22 May 2011

general power of attorney

my father purchased a property which is on leasehold in new delhi, as agreement to sale is in favour of my mother's name and General Power Of Attorney is by my father's name. My father got expired and we are selling this property so is there any procedure to Transfer the GPA to any of the family members as my mother is the holder of Agreement to Sale and she's alive or we have to find out the previous owner and again request himto singn for new GPA in favour of me.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 May 2011

GPA cannot be transeferred.  After the death of the GPA holder automatically it looses itz validity. The onwer of that property has to execute thesale deed or he has to appoint another GP holder

Viswanath (Student)     22 May 2011

The agency is terminated and thus there can be no claim

gaurav (owner)     23 May 2011

thanks sir, but my mother has got a registered agreement to Sell so do we have to go back to the person from whom we purchased a property .Do we have ne legal rites if he refused to sign a new GPA.

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     23 May 2011

As Advocate Rajeevji  said after the death of the GPA Holder automatically it looses its validity. You have to approach the Original Owner of the property and ask him to execute Sale deed in favour of any of your family members or convince him   him to execute a fresh GPA in favour of any of your family members. Take immediate action.

gaurav (owner)     24 May 2011

thanks again sir, but sir one last question if we go by a precedure of relinquishment deed then also the title will not be clear

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register