LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arpita (-)     29 April 2010

Franking vs stamping

What is the difference between stamping and franking?

Learning

7 Replies

venkatkrishna (AGM)     29 April 2010

Franking  involves  stamping.   Oxford meening  of  Franking  is    stamp  a  mark  to indicate  that  amount has been paid.   

I am trying to umnderstand  from your quiry ,   If I am not wrong you want to know the difference  between Franking and  Printed Stamp Papers.  If it is true,  NJS  ( Non Judicial Stamp )  Paper can  be purchased  from  the Stamp Vendor and later on  you  can  type on it.   Because of Telgi  effect   Govt   brought  some  changes.   You  first  prepare a document   on  paper and before  signing  parties on it,   take  it to nominated Branch of a  Bank  pay  the stamp duty  there and then the bank will put   stamp  on  your document indicating the value of the stamp duty.  That is called  franking.

Daksh (Student)     29 April 2010

Dear Arpita,

In so far I know previously the NJSP were printed in Government press and were available with the Stamp Vendors who used to take the same from Treasury but now the Government has authorized the banks and post offices who are selling them after franking the documents.

Best Regards

Daksh

aman kumar (SUPERVISER)     29 April 2010

franking is prepaid stamps accept legaly as same as stamps

Arati Gawde ( Legal )     30 April 2010

The purpose of Franking & stamping is the same. Franking is prepaid , Government authorize some of the bank's for franking, & u can use franking paper same way as u use in case of stamping.

SUJIT S BHALEKAR (Sr. MANAGER-LEGAL)     30 April 2010

The  both franking & stamping are comes under the purview of the state govt. Franking is just one more additional ways through which the person can ease his by authenticating the documents by paying requisite fees and that too by avoiding long standing ques before stamp vendor/Govt. stamping office.  It is just one mode of the mode govt. has facilitated for ease of the public.

Regards,

Sujit S. Bhalekar

Advocate

Sushil Kumar Bhatia (Advocate)     01 May 2010

fanking is a better step taken by various states to prevent forged and faked stamp sale

K A RAO   09 July 2015

what if, if franking paper is lot.

In my case a GP which is given to my fateher has been lost.

I have a copy of it. Can franking department verify the xerox and put a steal stating the stamp copy is correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register