Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alok Vashishth (Sr. Manager)     19 January 2011

Forging of Signature by other director

Hi,

I am a founding director and shareholder in a pvt ltd company. Lately, other director of the company forged my signature on the authonetication letter for a car loan. By chance, I came to know about this from the bank itself. In this case, should I file a FIR or go to CLB. What is recommended for this. As CLB is a costly affair, is there any other legal remedy for this.

Thanks in advance

Learning

3 Replies

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     20 January 2011

In my view, You may take FIR route to implicate the Director as forging of signatures is a criminal offence, if you so wish.

Otherwise,  you can approach CLB against the Director for repayment of the loan to the Bank as the loan has not been authorised by the company and as such the concerned Director is  personally liable to return the loan to the Bank.

Alok Vashishth (Sr. Manager)     31 January 2011

Hi Harsh,

Can you plz let me know the process of filing FIR against him.

V D Shah (Manager - Fin. and Legal)     05 March 2012

Oh God! Really sad to learn about this one where another director forged your signature.

Yes, as pointed out above, you could register an FIR since forgery is a criminal offence. As far as the procedure is concerned, go to the local police station applicable to your company.

Though it my not always be possible, Maybe, you should consider using digital signture certificates.

You can read here on MCA website or on this page on Digital Signature .

This stays on your machine and is safe. But you should not install your digital signature on another person's machine. if you need to use it on more than once machine, you can use USB Token for Digital Signature which offers portability with security.

Hope the above helps and wish that things turn out to be fine for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register