LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     08 June 2012

For all indian men here-just say no to receiving dowry

in this site,whenever we have discussed the menace of dowry and lavish weddings in india, i have seen men in here saying that indian men are always disinterested in  lavish weddings  & receiving dowry  before and after marriage. but only girls' parents force them to take it.

when girls here say that they are forced to arrange lavish weddings and give dowry,else there will be taunts and harassment later on,these men advise girls never to marry sum1 who demands dowry,even if they have to remain single all their life.

just as they suggest girls to say NO to sum1 who demands,i too have a suggestion for these men.simply reject those girls whose parents are forcing you to take dowry.

after marriage if they try to give,return these gifts,even though it may sound rude.

make it v.clear that u will not accept even a single rupee during/after  marriage and will marry in a temple.

in this way,dowry system which was started by girls' parents only will meet its end...

Can you do this?

Learning

12 Replies

zimmerzapper (student)     08 June 2012

dowry has been much maligned.

in olden days groom used to give dowry to bride, because of societal changes it was reveresed. i feel it should be left to the persons getting married.

roshni what you write doesn't make sense

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     08 June 2012

wah kya solution nikaala zimmer ne.we are talking of curbing this system but you..................

i guess u r from south india.so i can understand why u say this.

bhima balla (none)     08 June 2012

Before anything, a clear understanding and definition of what constitutes dowry, stridhan and gift is the most basic thing to do.

(Guest)

For all Indian men

Say no to marrying a girl less than half your age.Age gracefully!

(Guest)
Roshni, who given u this name...? Anyway recently it is clear that in per 100 cases in which 95 cases are false, why this is said by SP Sandhu(jalandhar) and rajasthan high court mgstrt etc.. U just barking. Relation is being broken by only women. She dosnt want peace as like u. Understand. Use memory.
2 Like

(Guest)

Now that you have agreed that dowry system was started by girls' parents to get rid of a burden.

There is one more thing started by girls' family "MISUSE OF DOWRY ACTS".

But everyone knows which side suffers.

And you are asking that other side for help to stop it.......thats funny.

If they could, they could have helped but the fact is......they need help...

(Guest)

Dear 498AkaDushman

I must say,your reply is funny,and you are here to divert the issue.

Can I ask you why it is so hard for you to say "NO" to dowry?That is a simple solution sweety gave you in her post above.This shows how much dowry tempts you.That is why you don't agree with her solution.Rather make fun of it.

Dowry was in USA also many years back,but now neither the men take it,nor do the women give it.But in India,I have seen people start to argue if they are advised on these lines.Therefore India lags far behind the west.

(Guest)

Indians are so damn fond of arguing.Whether it is the shops,malls,inside trains,public buses,in workplaces,at bus stops,in those female centred joint families,or in forums like these.Indians are always arguing.They do not argue to find a solution.But to win an argument,so that they get a good night's sleep and can boast to their buddies the following day,how they shut up the other person.You guys do not wish to move forward.You do not want any solutions.You simply want to quarrel to satisfy your damned ego.

Anyone who suggests a solution,like honey above,is ridiculed in your country.Therefore Anna Hazare's movement also going down.He is doing so much for your argumentative nation.But so many of you guys criticize him.

Jesus save this country!

(Guest)

Don't worry Debbie... we are catching up by importing all the feminist laws from your country.

We will also have fatherless society soon. We are catching up with you guys....slowly but steadily....:D

(Guest)

Even if men will say NO to receiving dowry ..... NO ONE CAN SAVE THEM FROM 498a !! This post is just a time waster !

(Guest)

Sorry Roshni , I like JASWANT's comment ...... Keep it up :)

(Guest)

HAHA

Indians at it again!

Defending ttheir dirty,quarrelsome nation

Now rightfully confirmed,they have no skills to run the country,because they are so busy arguing!