LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamlesh (Not yet)     15 September 2010

Flat under SARAFEASI Act

I have purchased one flat under SARAFAESI Act, 2002 from one Nationalised bank.

Bank has given me Memorandum of Sale on which bank insisted to pay stamp duty, which I paid also and got registered with sub-registrar and bank manager himself came for registration. So it became my Sale Deed.

Now I came to know that the memorandum of sale is not the Sale Certificate as per Appendix V of the Rules and now bank is not giving me Sale Certificate as per Appendix V format. Bank says whatever given (Memorandum of Sale) is sufficient.

Now what should I do?

1) What can I do to get the Sale Certificate from the bank as per Appendix V format?

2) If at all bank gives me Sale Certificate as per Appendix V, do I need to pay stamp duty again? and Have again register it with the Sub-registrar? or will have to register with sub-registrar as a "Deed of Rectification" ?

3) Even if stamp duty and re-registration is not needed again, Is it recommended to have it done?

===================================================

Following is the format of Memorandum of Sale issued by the bank to me.

And which is duly stamped and registered with sub-registrar

So & So bank

Address of the So & So bank

Memorandum of Sale

1)      In respect of :                                                  Address of flat mentioned here

2)      Name of the purchaser:                                       my full name mentioned here

3)      A) Total amount of bid accepted:                      Bidding amt mentioned here

B) Amount paid as EMD :                                   EMD paid mentioned here

C) Amount equivalent 25% (Less EMD) :         Some figure mentioned here

D) Balance amount equivalent to 75% :            Some figure mentioned here

Total                                       Total figure mentioned here

The sale is subject to terms & condition mentioned in public notice for sale as published in the news papers and the tender/document and confirmation of sale by the Authorised Officer as per SARAFAESI Act. After the confirmation of the sale, a Sale Certificate will be issued. The original of this sale certificate is liable for pay stamp duty to be paid by the purchaser. He/she shall also liable to pay registration and incidental charges.

Signature of successful bidder                                   Signature of Authorised Officer

Photograph of mine                                                     Photograph of Authorsied Officer                                        

Signature of witness I                                                  Signature of witness I

Learning

5 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     15 September 2010

Bank has to issue Sale Certificate as provided in the section 25 of the said Act. However, you may go for a Deed of Rectification on stamp of 100 as you lready have paid stamp duty on Memorandum of Sale. For your information registration of sale certificate is optional and not compulsary. The presiding officer have powers to withdraw the certificate or correct any clerical or airthmetical mistake in the certificate by sending intimation to the Recovery Officer under section 26. You may approach Recovery officer and in case it is inevitable go for rectification.

1 Like

Kantilal (not yet)     15 September 2010

Thank you Mr. Panchal for your guidance 

Kantilal (not yet)     15 September 2010

Thank you Mr. Panchal for your guidance, this also solves one of the my query also.....

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     19 September 2010

Sale certificate is necessary. Even in the memorandum the recital says sale certificate will be issued and is liable for stamp duty. The present one is only a registration of the memorandum and not a sale. Memorandum is only a document containing the matter which will be done or an understanding to do certain things. Sale certificate is confirmation of the things agreed to be done in the memorandum. Since you have already paid the Stamp duty, you can claim waiver of the same while registering the sale certificate. 

1 Like

Kamlesh (Not yet)     19 September 2010

Dear Mr. Rangnath,

Your answer is really comprehensive, thank you sir for your help.

Kamlesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register