LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raja (Occupation)     24 November 2008

Final settlement delayed! - pls advice

I quit my Indian company of 22 months and have joined a new one out of India.

I had given my full notice period and have received my relieving letter too.

Now, I have the following due from the company:
1. Reimbursements --- partly paid
2. Salary upto last day --- partly paid
3. Bonus --- refusal to pay
4. Paid leave encashments --- refusal to pay
5. Provident fund --- HR says it is in process but I have not seen any progress till date! I know that for people going abroad, the PF office clears payments within a week. I have indicated the same in the PF form and attached all required documents (visa/passport etc) and submitted to HR. I am sure that HR has not submitted my PF forms yet.

For 1&2 - The company does not respond when it is going to pay the remaining.

For 3&4 - Company policies are cited for not paying the same. The bonus and PLE were due in April-2008 but till the time I resigned (in Sep'0 the company delayed payments under vague reasons and now they say that to claim the same, you have to be an employee when it becomes due for payment! I have all documents where the payment schedule for bonus and PLE are clearly stated.

I know that the employer is delaying my settlement because it knows that I am not in India and will not pursue a court case (and they are right). Each time I mail or call them I get a response that they will get back to me in 2 days; and I do not get a response from them and the cycle continues. After repeated followups and escalations to the MD, I have received part payments for 1&2 but that is less than 40% of what they owe me.

I need to know what are my options.

Learning

4 Replies

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     24 November 2008

Hi raja!

Give power to someone in India for initiating legal proceedings and to rcv the dues from the company.

cheers

pragadeesh

Raja (Occupation)     25 November 2008

Hi Pragadeesh,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I was not aware that you can do this!

I also need to know that if I give the power to my father in India, will he be able to represent me in court for all hearings till the final verdict?

Thanks in advance

Raja (Occupation)     25 November 2008

Would also appreciate if you could tell me where I could get more details on the procedures..

Thanks

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     25 November 2008

Raja,

pls consult a lawyer for further proceedings.it can be done.

cheers

pragadeesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register