LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mythili (none)     28 March 2012

False allegation threat

We are undergoing a weird state and servere mental turmoil due to fear of false allegations in future. My brother is in love with a girl.  Now the problem is she often picks-up fight with my brother and calls my mom who is a widow at 2 AM early in the morning or knocks the door in the mid-night to mediate between them. Out of the torture she gave to my mom she agreed to talk to her parents and arrange for their marriage. Marriage has been fixed sometime this year.  After marriage  my mom wants to stay away from  them. She doesnt want to stay together so she told my brother to stay in one of our other house. Now he refuses to go seperately after marriage.He says let my mom go out. The house is in the name of my mother. We heard from one of her friends that she is going to file false allegations on my mom after marriage and give pressure so that my mom will quit the house. What should we do now in this case? Should we get an anticipatory bail? Will police file a case even if the allegations are not true?A friend of mine says the allegations would be registered only if the marriage is arranged with the consent of both the parents and they should have stayed together in the same house for six months. Is it true? Please help us. I fear she will drag me also unneccesarily for helping my mom.

Learning

2 Replies

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     28 March 2012

just search "save indian family" onto google and attend local weekly meeting.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 March 2012

Dear Querist,

Your fears are not unfounded. Women are increasingly misusing the process of law against their husbands and his family. 

I would advise you to do the following things :-

i) Don't arrange their marriage, let them marry if they want to (also disown them by way of a public notice)

ii) Don't let them enter your mother's house in other words let them establish their matrimonial house some place else. It is your mother's house - she has a right to oust her son, and even get an injunction whereby court would order them to stay away and not to trouble this lady in the evening of her life. 

Feel free to email !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register