Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Saini (MIS Executive)     12 May 2011

FAKE DOWRY CASE

Hello

My name is Rajiv Saini,my wife filed a case in CAW cell in January-2011 against me and my family with regular reason of maintence, domestic violence, passing comment, try to burn etc. From to Jan-11 to tiill the time 6 date gone.In these 6 date i felt that the IO of CAW cell a kindly of support of her family or know person by her family. Because he always try to back the gal's family and alway misbehave with me. Wihtout any reason he always passing a comment on me and try to make me aggerasive. When I ask for copy of compaint he said give a application to DCP and get the copy on next date but on next he said attach the RTI copy then you will get copy of complaint.

On our 5th date gals family not come so the IO take the Dowry copy and gave the next date, But on next i saw that gal's attendance was there.

Question

1. I want to know that do we have option to change the CAW cell?

2. If Gal's family not come on date, more than twice ,then do i do?

3. Rule of Maintence ?

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 May 2011

@ Author

First understand that CAW cell is extortion cell and have no POWERS.
Reasoning: read well the earlier Judgment of DHC and below are recent one on powers of CAW Cell

IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI

Present: Mr. Vinay Singh, Advocate for the petitioner.

None for the respondent.

Crl. M. No.9052/2007 and W.P. (Crl.)1045/2007

This petition has been filed by the petitioner with a prayer that the conversation recorded by the petitioner between father of the petitioner and the father of the respondent should be heard by the CAW Cell and should be made part of the investigation. I consider that CAW Cell has no power to investigate the crime. It is not a police station where FIRs are registered. Investigation in any crime can be done only after registration of FIR. CAW Cell only makes reconciliatory efforts between the parties that also up to the stage of pre- registration of FIR. The investigation can also be done by CAW Cell if it is referred to it after registration of FIR. Since no FIR has been registered in this case, no directions can be given to CAW Cell for investigation. The petition is infructuous and is hereby dismissed.

SHIV NARAYAN DHINGRA, J.

August 13, 2007

Present: Mr. Keshav Kaushik, Advocate for the petitioner.

Ms. Mukta Gupta, Standing Counsel for State with

Ms. Rajdipa Behura and Mr. Akshai Malik, Adocates

W.P. (Crl.) No.1032/2007 and Crl.M.A.No. 8989/07

It is stated by the counsel for petitioner that CAW Cell was threatening the petitioner for appearance. It is made clear that CAW Cell has no authority to secure the presence of any person either by coercion or by threat. CAW Cell is only a conciliatory body where efforts are made for conciliation with the free will of the parties. If any person is not willing to go to CAW Cell, he cannot be compelled. It is also directed that CAW Cell, in future, instead of issuing summons to the parties shall send request letters asking them to appear for the purpose of conciliation and not for the purpose of investigation. The petitioner is at liberty not to appear before CAW Cell. No threat or coercive steps shall be taken by the CAW Cell. No further direction can be given by the Court in respect of respondent No. 5, who according to the petitioner has refused to accompany him. It is alleged that she was living under the influence of her parents. Earlier when she appeared in this Court, she was living with the petitioner. She refused to meet her parents at that time. If the respondent is such an immature lady that when she comes under the influence of petitioner, she refuses to meet her parents and next time when she comes under the influence of her parents, she refuses to meet the petitioner, the Court cannot help the petitioner. The petition is disposed of in above terms.

SHIV NARAYAN DHINGRA, J.

August 10, 2007

Present: Mr. Tarun Sharma, Advocate for the petitioner
Ms. Mukta Gupta, Standing Counsel for the state with
Mr. Ahshal Mehtra, Advocate
W.P.(Crl.) No. 1009/2007

Issue notice of the petition to the respondents returnable for 17th January, 2008. Notice is accepted by the Standing Counsel of the State. Crl.M. A. No. 8813/07 in W.P.(Crl.) No. 1009/2007.

The parties were referred to CAW Cell where CAW Cell after making enquiries, came to the conclusion that it was not a case of cruelty or harassment on the part of the husband. The CAW Cell recommended a Closure Report saying that no case is made out against the husband or family of the husband. After this recommendation, respondent no. 2 made an application under Section 156(3) before the learned Metropolitan Magistrate. Learned Metropolitan Magistrate without giving any reason as to why he considered that a case was made out, ordered for registration of an FIR. I consider that it is a fit case where operation of the order can be stayed. The operation of the order dated 3rd August, 2007 wrongly mentioned as dated 30th July, 2007 is stayed. Trial Court record be called.
Dasti.

SHIV NARAYAN DHINGRA. J.

August 07, 2007

Here is the second judgment:

Present: Mr.R.P. Yadav, Advocate for the petitioner.
Ms. Rajdipa Behura, Advocate for the State.
W.P. (Crl.) No.849/2007
Justice Shiv Narain Dhingra

This petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India read with Section 482 Cr.P.C has been filed by the petitioner for dropping of proceedings pending before the CAW Cell, Amar Colony against the petitioner and his family members on the ground that the complainant wife has already made a complaint under the provisions of Domestic Violence Act in the Court of learned Metropolitan Magistrate, Patiala House Courts. Her allegations made before the Metropolitan Magistrate and CAW Cell are ditto.

CAW Cell is an agency created to make efforts for reconciliation between the families before initiation of criminal proceedings on the complaint of the wife. The petitioner is at liberty not to appear before the CAW Cell. No coercive action can be taken by the CAW Cell, compelling an unwilling person to put in appearance before it. CAW Cell can conduct proceedings only where both the parties are ready and willing to join the proceedings voluntarily.

I consider that there is no reason for the Court to pass any order in respect of proceedings before the CAW Cell as these proceedings are not judicial or quasi-judicial nor proceedings in the investigation of the crime. They are only reconciliatory proceedings. The petitioner is at liberty not to join the proceedings before CAW Cell.

In view of the foregoing discussion, this petition is not maintainable and is hereby dismissed as such.
Dasti.
SHIV NARAYAN DHINGRA. J.
August 07, 2007

Attached File : 41 41 caw cell has no powers jasbir kaur vs state.pdf downloaded: 180 times

Mohit Bhatnagar (Project Manager)     24 May 2012

My marriage has been fixed with a girl living in chandpur bijnor, U.P.  After our engagement the girl told that she is not ready for the marriage as she is in a relation with someone else. When this has been told to her father he clearly refuse and not ready to except this fact.

In the mean time we could under stand the situation the girl father had filed the false case of demanding dowry on me and my family as per Dowry Provision act 3/4 vide FIR NO 72/12 Dt 10/2/12  via chief judicial chandpur under section 156 / 3.

Please advice what we can do to save our self.

Vishwa (translator)     24 May 2012

Dear Mohit,

Please check your personal mail (click inbox top right of screen) in this forum and get back to me. Thanks in advance.

Vishwa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register