Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ham (Data Entry Operator)     17 November 2009

Ex-Service men Property Tax

Dear Sir,

My father aged 70 years an Ex-Service men residing at Chennai in a rented house for the past 11 years. He has a 2 plots at Sriperumpudur in mother name. I like to know whether he has to pay any kind of tax if yes, how much tax he has to pay. Any kind of concession is given by the Central or State Government. We had not constructed any house yet there its still vacant land. Please let me know about this at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

There is no tax concession on property tax to the Ex-Servicemen. Regarding tax on open land / plot please confirm with your local Municipality.

Ham (Data Entry Operator)     19 November 2009

Dear Sir,

I had sent mail long time back to "Chennai Corporation" and also to the "Sriperumpudur Office" regarding it but no reply from till today. But till today we didn't received any letter from the govt regarding any tax payment.

(Guest)

Wait for the response or send a reminder to the Municipal Corporation.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     20 November 2009

Teh Exepmtion ahs to be calimed  beofre the Corporation and the MPl ADministration Will issue a Memo accordign the the Exeption to the Ex Service men for payment of the proerty Tax - in respect odf proeprty in hsi name !

Exemption to be claimed by petition and to be accepted by Corproation and Govt by orders / proceedings , then only exeption will apply - till that the property  tax has to be paid !

The   procedure & provisins of law for  exeption of property Tax  may deffer in Thamilnadu !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register