LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R. Brizmohan Singh (Practising Lawyer)     15 March 2008

Ethics, Legal Ethics-Just Dazed

I am a member/advocate ran into some ethical problem. I mean legal ethical problem in one of the cases that I am handling. It is like this that one of my close friend/ advocate got a suit filed against my client to be. It was only when this client visited with the notice papers that I came to know that the other side advocate is my close friend. Upon discussion of the merits with my client, it revealed that the client of my close friend also happened to be a close friend of my client.

While the suit was in progress and after the written statement is filed, a mischief was committed with regard to the documents which were already filed calling for an application to be filed to enquire into the matter by the court. If I do not file an application I shall be turning the case of my client weak. But if I filed an application, my close friend would be in a soup affecting his career.

Kindly advise.

Learning

4 Replies

Vishwanath tripathi (Advocate)     16 March 2008

Dear Friend,I am happy that you feel like it.But in my view be honest to your client.in this way you will also feel that you are at right side and if you are not doing any wrong you must be very clear and you will never feel any guilty.professional ethics say to save our client for which you have taken the whole resposibility.

GOPI KRISHNA (ADVOCATE)     16 March 2008

dear friend do justice to a person who has honestly approached you to get relief

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     16 March 2008

In my views you should approach for the RIGHT. You should do what your cautious allowed for your self respect and self satisfaction. Regards.......sanjay Dixit

ankit (student)     04 April 2008

be honest to our client,do the right

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register