LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek (Prop)     04 May 2010

eligibility for Farm Land Purchase In Maharashtra

My mothers father was farmer. Some of farm land is gone under kul kayada in Maharashtra before 1957. There is half of land which is claimed by KUL as they have purchased under 32G and they have put names on 7/12.

But they dont have any papers for 32G and payment done in 12 installments as stated in property card which stated names are included condtionally and has to pay the amonut in 12 installments.

Nor the KUL and GOVT officals has no answer on quetion - On which basis they have removed our names as owner and put there name as owner. Also even in half of land which we say gone to them should be shown as KUL and not owner.

The PRANT office and deputy collector are not able to give any result on case as say its time bared and old case .

Now we have filed case against collector and the other party.

But for now can I purchase farm land using my mothers father old  7/12 which says they were farmer?

Thanks,

Vivek

Learning

17 Replies

Vinayak Patil (Advocate)     04 May 2010

You can definatly purchase land by using your parents 7/12 Extract, but with concern to your first question once your land is given to Kul on tillers day or under tenancy act then it is very difficult to get your land back. You have to prove that Gov. had illegaly acquire your land and there was no land which were excess the cieling limit.

Thanks Vinay,

Can you plese give me one cleaity?

With whatever current 7/12 which just shows my mothers father was farmer and currently we don't hold any farm land . Still I can use the old 7/12 and purchase farm land?

Is there and law reference that I can use if I get any problem? I don't want to be in trouble once I purchase a land. My clear intention is to do farming.

Thanks,

Vivek

Sorry for TYPO

Thanks Vinayk Patil for reply.

Vivek

Gaikwad Santosh mahadu (Lecturer)     15 May 2010

hi my elder brother has possibly illigally entered his name in sata-bara of my father and after father's death when i am trying to register my name by making death will he is objecting. how far he can do soo

Vinayak Patil (Advocate)     17 May 2010

Santosh,

Find out exact position and if your elder brother has done so, you have to challange this mutation entry. You can file the application to Tehsildar that the name of my brother may be deleted as he illegaly enter his name. You can pray to enter name of all legal heirs of your father and not only one or two sons.

Regards

Ashish (Prop)     14 July 2010

Dear Sir,

I am from Maharashtra and want to purchase some Agri land in Maharashtra.I have one old mutation entry on my mothers name which shows that she own the agri land till 1982.Can I purchase the agri land on

a) My name directly or b) On my mothers name using this entry ?or I need some certificate from Talathi or so ?

Second OPTION : if I  purchase some small land piece in Madya Pradesh to make me official farmer and then submit that 7/12 in Maharashra ?Can a non farmer purchase a Land in MP ?

or Else If I want to purchase the agri land for resort purpose can I purchase the land directly on the company name ? Can the company be propritary /partnership or need minimum pvt ltd ?Do we need to take collector permissions again if we want to purchase the land on companys name ?

Vinayak Patil (Advocate)     15 July 2010

It is good that you have filed a case regarding matter, one more thing even under ceiling act government cannot take entire land of the person having excess land and become such persons landless, it is basically not valid. As far as name of the persons come on 7/12 after procedure of 32G, the order of collector and confirmation of such mutation entry is required.

You can purchse the land if your mother owned the land at any time.

Regards 

abhay pasari (SELF)     30 October 2010

My father has purchased agricultural land 25 Kms from PUNE. Registration is completed and he has applied for the 7/12 extract. He currently owns some agricultural land in Punjab. He has submitted the following documents for proof of agricultural land:

"Certificate of Agricultural land" in Punjab, signed by the Revenue department and panchayat

"Jamabandi" 7/12 extract equivalent in Punjab

The Talathi is saying that he will reject the 7/12 extract as a 7/12 approved by Maharashtra is required to purchase agricultural land in Maharashtra. My father wants to get the 7/12 extract without paying a single penny as bribe.

What are our options?

What are the grounds under which the Talathi can reject the 7/12 extract?

What is 7/12 extract useful for? If the 7/12 extract process drags on for a year, can we still proceed with a small home/cow shed construction and farming on this land?

If 7/12 extract is rejected what should be the next steps we know everything on our end is correct and legal

Have been wondering if educated people like us face such bureaucracy/harassment what would the poor farmers be going through?

Any advice on the above matter will be appreciated.

Jalaj Karandikar (Personal)     01 February 2011

Originally posted by :vivek
"
Sorry for TYPO

Thanks Vinayk Patil for reply.

Vivek
"

Hi,

I have gone thru your comments on link: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Can-Pvt-Ltd-Company-in-Maharashtra-buy-Agricultural-land-15364.asp

Where you have said one can buy land whose father were “Ancestral Farmers”, we had around 10acre of land in Karjat, which went out of our hand because of under Kul Kayada of Gov of Maharashtra.

Although we got few installments from the farmer who was cultivating crops. Now I am interested in buying agriculture land on my name, we do not have the 7/12 extract with us, although the Kul Kayada document is with us which has my grand fathers name on it.

In continuation to this, we have namuna No 6 with us which clearly says that my grand father was owner of this land. this letter is dates 15-07-1962.

How can I buy farm land on my name?

Please advice.

Thanks.

Regards

Jalaj Karandikar

Pankaj k Srivastava (Management Consultant)     30 March 2011

Dear Sir, I have purchased agricultural land in Khambil Mahabaleshwar and have got the registration done.

Now talati of that village has cancelled the process of my name entry in 7/12 stating my farmer status needs to be proved by certificate from tehsildar of my village.

I was under the impression my land document of my hometown which was basis for registration is sufficient. Letter of cancellation was send to me which never reached me because of wrong address.

Now when I have met personally the talati he has given me the notice and asked me to go for appeal now in Vai Prant Office.

What is the process and timeframe. 

Need guidance.

santosh (Gaz. Officer)     06 September 2011

Sir,

My father was a farmer, expired in 1979. In 1980, our farm was sold.Can I now buy agriculture land ?If yes which documents will require? Please advice.

arif (mumbai)     19 October 2012

we have agricultral land in jalgaon maharashtra my problem is that i have a step brother and my father wants to transfer his land in my name if it so can my step brother makes any objection or any othyer procedure in which i dont get any mess?

sr (developer)     25 May 2013

Dear Sir,

if a girl marries in a agricultural family, can she purchase agri land on his name using 7/12 of her father in law or any other in family

plshinde (-)     21 April 2014

Dear Sir,

I am from Maharashtra and want to purchase some Agri land in Maharashtra.I have one old mutation entry on my mothers name which shows that she own the agri land till 1992.Can I purchase the agri land on

a) on my fathers  name directly or b) On my mothers name using this entry ?or I need some certificate from Talathi or so ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register