LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seema (Member)     05 February 2012

Dv act clarification

Dear Experts,

I wanted to understand a point in the DV Act.

Is there a difference in filling the DV act in the situation where,

1. if you are inside the in laws house living with them and you fill the case because they are or may forcefully throw you out.
2. You fil the case when your in laws have already thrown you out by locking the house for days?


 4 Replies

srikanth_thakur (lawyer)     06 February 2012


in domestic violence act if the party is already in the shared house they will give injunction order not to vacate the party. 

if the party is thrown out of the shared house they will give a direction to give room to the party in the shared houes and if it is not possible to show a aleternative accomadation to the party. 

I think I have clarified ur doubt. 

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     08 February 2012

You can ask for protection order in DV.

rajesh kulkarni (Lawyer/Advocate Hyderbad 7799116901)     22 February 2012

hi seema,

wats the posititon of the complainant to be particular is she in or out........ be more specific to clarify you better

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     30 April 2012

contact the PO in your area and seek protection under dv act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query