LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gstiwa (exe)     01 June 2011

DP3 act

I had filled the case under DP3 Act and the FIR is registered against my inlaw's

They have gone to High Court for quashing the same.

Kindly let me know what are the main points on which we should argument in court.


Any other way to fight against them.





 6 Replies

aatma   01 June 2011

DP3 against whom? Bride side or Bridegroom side?  Indian judicial system looks the crime in different way based on the gender.

If DP3 is against husband side. Then there is no way.

If DP3 is against wifeside. Indian dowry laws give special protection to support their crime under DP7. You have to prepare your argument in different angle to bring your point.


7 (2) Nothing in Chapter XXXVI of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2of 1974), shall apply to any offence punishable under this Act.)



Notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force, a statement made by the person aggrieved by the offence shall not subject such person to a prosecution under this Act.

sachin (sse)     04 June 2011

then what is the use of dp3 ,if dp7 is gender biased .

sachin (sse)     05 June 2011



on based on this list can i filed DP 3 against my wife as dowry giving is also crime .

although these were gifts were given to me and my family in marriage related function but they are claiming as dowry . 

Paras (Engr)     06 June 2011

DP act use on both parties even he is give or taker. DP act doesn't give to any protection to dowry giver. DP act is given protection to " first person aggrieved " . Either he is the husband or either she is wife.

There are some points they can raise in HC.

1. they did n;t give dowry. They gave only stridhan.

2. you didn;t take any DM permission (If require as per state amendement)

3. They never said they gave dowry.

4. And it is too late to file case means as per some state amendments there are one year time limit to file .

Can you send to me your case detail


you can email - or call to 9899005482

2 Like

Paras (Engr)     06 June 2011

Mr. Sachin ,

Don't go for DP3 against wife right now. its is too early. This is only a stridhan / dowry article list Which is not as per DP2.



Paras (Engr)     07 June 2011

Hi  gstiwa

Can you send to me the FIR copy or Court order for FIR  at


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register