Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Domestic Violence - Can Husband file charges

Background:

Man and womens marriage solomnised under Hindu Marriage Act. Women indulges in adultry. Admits to the court ( in USA )  of having a significant other while married to the husband. 

Women abusive to husband. Cancells his credit cards, kicks him out of the matrimonial home. Disconnects his telephone line, disconnects cell phone. 

Womens boyfriend physicalls assaults husband. Demands that the husband leave the State and go away. Threatens that he will take the kids away to Hong Kong. Husband files police case on boyfriend for physical assault. Court orders 3 year restraining order on boyfriend. No contact order. 

Current situation - Wife and boyfriend want husband killed. Wife makes statement that she has the money, kids, property and is very powerful. She makes claim that she is the "ultimate fighter" on this earth. 

Wife admitted to oral and other forms of unprotected s*xual activity with boyfriend. Boyfriend had threated that he will spread AIDS to the whole family.

Question:

1. Can husband file DV charges on wife in Madras/India. 

2. Can lawsuit be brought upon wife and or boyfriend in India for intentional infliction of emotional distress.

3. Can lawsuit be brought upon boyfriend in India for paying cost of travel/treatment/counselling of husband. 

4. Can I file FIR on boyfriend ( who is located in US, Hong Kong national). Can I file FIR on wife.

If any of the experts ( licensed legal proffessional ) or otherwise can assist me in drafting a case, then please send me an email : reachadamkumar@gmail.com 

Please give me an idea of how much you would charge for drafting only, drafting case and filing, and third taking full ownership of case until court decision. 

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Learning

2 Replies

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     14 April 2011

Husband could not file petition under domestic violence Act.

Husband can intiate criminal proceedings aganst wife and boy friend. 

1 Like

(Guest)

Ms Uma

Can you advise how to initiate criminal proceedings against wife and boy friend ?

- Do I need to file a police complaint first ?

- If yes, then under what section ?

Would you like to handle my case ? 

Thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register