LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Kuchhal (Publishers)     19 August 2011

Dishonour of cheque

Dishonour of cheque — Limitation — Cannot be said that period of one month is to be treated as 30 days — Cause of action arose on 31.1.1994 — Excluding that day also, February being a month of 28 days, complaint filed on 1-3-1994 were beyond period of one month. (See 2011 (6) LJSOFT 50)

Learning

5 Replies

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     19 August 2011

Could you attach the full text

ajay (ne)     21 August 2011

dear sir,

i maid a case againts a person u/s 138 at gujrat court. after 10 years same person not attend b4 d court.. court issued arrest warrent many time.. but rajasthan police not arresting him.. i have evidance d same person is resding at d same palace of warrent.rajasthan police doing all dis with mutual setting.

can court make him wanted? 

sir in the same what shold i do?

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     22 August 2011

We provide extensive help mainly to honest accused. NI138/139 is quite paiful for the accused if not handled properly. This is a kind of financial TADA and honest accused although has to pass through the trial once process is initiated still can save himself if properly defended. All the stages including reply to the notice is very important and can twist the case. Contact us with full details for help at advocate.dma@gmail.com for further assistance.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     22 August 2011

what do you say about section 142(b) of the Act

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     01 September 2011

If mercy petition can be kept hanging for 20 years, why not 138 cases be not heard for 12 years or more?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register