Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

YN Gaikwad (self)     02 October 2010

Digitization of legal process in lower courts

Just a question on Digitization:

I think digitization is a great tool to help litigants in many ways like knowing the status, documents submitted, order copies, certified copies etc.

I came across a very good process by district courts in Maharashtra where almost most of the information including status, details of the parties, steps etc are avaialble online.

But, I dont see similar kind of digitization for other states for example Karnataka. This is surprising in a state which is information technology capital and land of intellectuals and of course home state of Hon Miniter Mr. Moiely... There is hardly any information available on the website of the district courts to the public. One has to go to the civil court to find these details. Are there any other interests not have this information public or on the website?

There should be common platform for all the districts, states in India where one can find/search the information.

How do we make it happen?

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 October 2010

Righlty said by you sir,

Srinivas (Director)     05 October 2010

I agree fully. Andhra Pradesh too is pathetic in making case status of Trial and District Courts available online.

There were efforts in the past but seem like too much internal resistance.

YN Gaikwad (self)     05 October 2010

any reason for internal resistance?

i think forum like this or the associations should pursue this with the law ministry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register