Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     09 August 2008

difference between lawyer and advocate???

i hve still confusion between dfrence of lawyer and advocate.

plzzzz solve my confusion

thanx in advance 

Learning

8 Replies

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     09 August 2008

Those who have passed bachelor degree can be called as lawyers. But only those persons who has enrolled in state roll of bar council of particular state can be called as an advocate.

mohammad aarif khan silawat (lawyer)     09 August 2008

a person who roll with bar call advocate

Shree. ( Advocate.)     09 August 2008

Lawyer  is a person  one who knows law... in simple words... he is a law graduate. It is not necessary for him to carry the brief of the client...

while an advocate is a practicing Lawyer..  A lawyer who pleads in the court is called an  Advocate..

therefore every ADVOCATE is a LAWYER, but every LAWYER is not an ADVOCATE.

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     09 August 2008

thanks dear friends

Shekhar (Pettitinor)     09 August 2008

I turn, the person who knows law is a lawyer and the lawyer who stands with client is known as advocate, cause he is favoring something with in the Law!

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     09 August 2008

Yes as rightly said by sree a lawyer who advocates law for his client before a court of law is an advocate

A.Mohamed Thaheer (ADVOCATE)     12 April 2009

More or less both are same in meaning and it does not carry any difference in meaning and action

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     12 April 2009

all coments posted above are true. I would like to add that "Advocate" is a legal term having statutory definition under s. 2(1)(a)of the Advocates Act. whereas the term "lawyer" is an ordinary term that is used by common man, normally for lawyers but it includes law teachers, jurists and other persons having knowledge of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register