Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Software Engineer)     10 January 2012

Denying detailed experience certificate

Hi,

I worked in an IT company based out of Noida for 3 years. I have now moved on to another company. I required a detailed experience certificate stating my roles and responsibilities for my VISA application.

The company is saying that they have a standard format for experience certificate and that they cannot entertain my request. So, I requested for a separate document, other than the experience cert., which also got denied by the HR.

Is the company not obligated to provide such a document in case required for VISA filing?

Regards,

Vijay.

Learning

3 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     11 January 2012

it would be better to personally negotiate with their HR dept.

a legal fight may not give the desired result,especially the result will take its time.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 January 2012

As rightly pointed out by Mr. Mahendrakumar, you may take up the matter with HR and involve your line management, good offices. This shall be the quickest and easiest soloution.

Role and responsibilities, KRA's are described in appointment letter, promotion letter, appraisal format and internal correspondence of the company. Based on what has already been described by the company you can ask to reproduce the same in the shape of a certificate, letter by the comapny. You need to persist, peuse and convince them.

kameswarao S (Head HR)     12 January 2012

Dear Vijay,

Every company is having & maintaining their own formats and they will issue as per their rules and regulations. If they have not given the service, relieving certificates then you can fight for that because it is your right.

As told by our friends you should approach them, convince and get the work done. If you demand then there is no necessity for them to issue.

Regards - kamesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register