LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VJVJVJVJVJ (Professional)     08 December 2010

Cruelty and threatening from wife and her relatives

I have moved petition for dissolution for marriage under Hindu marriage act. However, my wife, her parents and her relatives are threatening me for having moved to court. I moved to court also for the reason of cruelty of harrassment and threatening from them. But despite of going to court, they are still threatening me. Please let me know what are the legal supports available to me. Please suggest me how i should move to be protected from them and also get divorced from such cruel people.

Learning

9 Replies

Ghajini (SSE)     08 December 2010

Are you having proofs of cruelty..in form of recordings, any materialistic proof etc? If yes, then nothing much to worry about..File complaint in local PS about the threats you are getting.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 December 2010

if you got any proof of threatening file a police complaint.

suraj (ab)     08 December 2010

Hi Rajiv,

Wat knid of prrofs are valid.. I mean verbal threat have no significance? Is false allegation through common relatives  are cruelty?

Ghajini (SSE)     08 December 2010

Record the verbal threats, it will help you a lot, I did the same in my case.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     08 December 2010

get the threating recorded first.

then take suitable action.

KNK A Learner (Learning to share)     08 December 2010

Unless, you have a proof of Threatening, you can't even win the divorce on the ground of Cruelty. If you have evidence of threating, file Criminal intimidation on them, attach the same to Divorce Case and enjoy.

All the best

Self service (None)     09 December 2010

What if some one publicly insulted and threatened and police complaint filed with police used as evidence?

KNK A Learner (Learning to share)     10 December 2010

Here the question is whehter they come to court and give evidence in your favor or not. if yes, then your are in safe side.

All the best

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     11 December 2010

In India, you are always a winner if you make allegations. Dont worry much about the fact as to whether you will be able to prove you case or not (97% of criminal cases results in acquittal)...... just make allegations. The more allegations you make, the better placed you are.

In Indian Legal System, offence is the best defence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register