LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjani k Singh (S/W engineer)     18 January 2011

Credit Card Fruad

My name is Anjani k Singh. I have a credit card with SBI bank since last 4 year. I always pay my dues on time and never charged with any late fees. At date 05/10/2010 night 3.33 Am I got a SMS from SBI about transaction of 2000/= Against IDEA Cellular Mumbai.  At morning 7.23 am I got a SMS regarding blocking of my SBI credit Card Account. When I called up the customer care at 8.07(SBI Customer care open at 8 am) they told me about 5 suspicious transactions on my account so they have blocked my account. I conferment then those 5 transactions are not mine and told them to stop payment to IDEA. They told me to send a dispute form. I send then a dispute form at date 07/05/2010

I also file a FIR (FIR N0 309/2010) at TROMBEY Police Station at date 12/10/2010 and send a FIR Copy to SBI also, but SBI refuse to take any action against fraud .

At Date 09/11/2010 a file a complaint RBI Ombudsmen for same. After filing a complaint with RBI ombudsmen SBI give me a temporary Credit book for 10000/ at date 16/11/2010, and send me a mail that they will investigate matter and they will inform me shortly. But after 2 month I didn’t get any call or letter from SBI. Now SBI not revert back the Temporary Credit book of amount of 10000/= but also forcing me to deposit money as soon as possible other will SBI will send a recovery agent at my home and also they will but my name in CIBIL so in future I will not able to take any lone from Bank

When I asked SBI the Detail of transaction they told me that they cannot provide me any detail regarding Fraud transaction.

Sir can anyone please suggest me what to do in this case

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     18 January 2011

It needs to be dealt with by the cyber crime sleuths.Asertain the stage of investigation so as to transfer the same to the cyber personnel for investigation. The SBI is often issuing alerts to the netbanking cusomers about the phising mails soliciting updates,privacey protection etc.

(Guest)

You have a strong case before the Consumer Court. Because, the SBI itself has alerted you about the 5 suspicious transactions and you also promptly confirmed the same as not your dealings at all. But the Bank instead of suspending the payments till the investigation is over, is forcing you to pay the false/wrongful claims. Get a detailed Statement of A/c. Send a Lawyer's notice denying the transactions and ask them to revert the transactions. If they fail to do so, file a complaint before the Consumer Court making the SBI and also the Inspector of Police, concerned Police Station (as a formal party) and claim a compensation for deficiency in service, unfair trade practice, mental agony, etc.,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register