Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asheesh (Propreitor)     25 November 2009

credit card

Dear Sirs/Madam,

I was using Credit Card of a reputed bank. On Aug2006 they have debit some wrong transaction which I objected on billing cycle and later they reversed the same after 2 months. But they charged Late Fees and Interest for short payment. I tried to solve the matter but lastly since Aug 2007 I am not using the card. All genuine purchase payments has been done. There was outstanding of Rs 2000 at that time which was disputed because of Late Fees and Interest which they have to reverse. Bank Is still sending the bills and charging late Fees and interest and currently statement is showing 12000. I have all proofs with me to justify that I am at no fault. What action the Bank can take ?? Or should I file the case against them. If so in which court- Consumer or other. Pl advise

Learning

4 Replies

sinuvasu (advisor)     25 November 2009

dear asheesh,

first of  all pls send the legal notice through ur advocate breafing about the illegal trade practise by ur credit card company. they will comply ur notice within  the stipulated period.and yes there is an arbitration clause in credit cards disputes.You go for an arbitration and if the sole arbitrator appointed by the company/bank decide the dispute amicabely,then it will be the best way,otherwise u can file a case to the dist.consumer forum. 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     25 November 2009

Issue legal notice to the bank and after that file a consumer case.  U have to prove that this credit card is for daily lively hood not for any other commercial purpose.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     25 November 2009

I agree with Lrd Friedns

You can also approach Banks  Obudsaman - for reddressal of your grevience agaisn the Bank - If there is no fault on your part  , the Bank will be directed to rectify their mistake - However - arbitration clause is  there it can be  invoked .

Pankaj Kundra (Advocate)     09 December 2009

Dear Mr Asheesh

can you please mention the dates at which the outstanding was Rs 2000 and when did it get inflated to Rs 12000 because as far as i know the bank stops charging interest and late payment charges once the account is in write off or probably even before that .. mentioning the details would be helpful

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register