LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     29 March 2009

Copy of judgement

I want a certified copy of the judgement of Delhi High Court delivered in 2006. I know the case number, names of parties, name of the judge etc.

Can anybody suggest me the procedure to obtain it. I stay in Mumbai. Is it compulsory to apply in person and also obtain it in person?

Learning

6 Replies

KODAKKAL SHIVAPRASAD (officer scale-I)     29 March 2009

for copy of judgement, you could collect them by your advocate in mumbai, you also able to view the judgement copy and it's delivery status etc by log on to the mumbai high court webpage at:   https://bombayhighcourt.nic.in/cssindex.php

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     29 March 2009

Dear  KODAKKAL SHIVAPRASAD

officer scale-I,

Mr Anil is asking for 'certified copy of the judgement of Delhi High Court'.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     29 March 2009

Let me clarify. The judgement is available on the net and I have downloaded it also. The problem is I can't produce it in a court of law as it is not authentic. Can I apply to Registrar of Delhi High Court  for a certified copy? If so, how? Is it permissible?

Prabhat Kumar (Advocate)     30 March 2009

Since the matter is decided you can get the certified copy by anyone applying on your behalf in delhi high court.

You can also get the order online checked from the delhi high court website, by going on check status of a case. But to get the physical certified you need to apply in court registry only.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 March 2009

mr. prabhat kumar is right.

(Guest)

Dear Sh. Anil Kumar ji,

Please use the power of RTI.

File a RTI application with the PIO of the respective court.

In courts, the shiristidar is the PIO. You can also file to HC Registrar

under Section 6(3) RTI Act asking him to forward it to the concerned PIO and take certified copy of the decided case reference in yoru mail.

Here is one land mark judgements from Central Information Commission.

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/SG-27012009-21.pdf

The gist of judgement is RTI act over rides all the previous acts in

requesting the information from courts. There is no provison in the Right to Information Act which restrains the Citizen's right to use it, if another route to avail information has been offered. It is a Citizen's right to use the most convenient and efficacious means available to him.

Regards, D. Arun Kumar, New Delhi, 981162 4141

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register