Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S Krishna Singh (na)     20 January 2012

Contempt of court & advocacy act

Hello everyone,

I have a college project and need some info on Contempt of court and Advocacy Act.

For both I need 2 cases with facts, issues, and verdict.  Please can someone guide me

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

VENKATESH HEGDE (ADVOCATE)     24 January 2012

Dear mr. Sujan,

Both Act available in Google, Prepare the notes from the Act    & for the Case laws search https://www.indiankanoon.org/

S Krishna Singh (na)     02 February 2012

Thank you Sir!

I have a college Project and as part of First Year project requirement I need to ask people who have filed RTI with MCA, their opinion.

Sir, Have you or any friend filed any rti with MCA (Ministry of current affairs ) https://www.mca.gov.in/

I have a college Project and as part of First Year project requirement I need to ask people who have filed rti with MCA their viewpoint.

Following are the questions. I would appreciate if you could spare 5 mins and give your view. Thank You.

Q1) Where did you come to know about the RTI Act?

Q2) How many times (no of applications) have you sought information from MCA through RTI?
(a) 1-4
(b) 4-8
(c) 8-11
(d) more than 11

Q3 )What has been the quality of the response?

(a) Average
(b) Satisfactory
(c) Unsatisfactory

Q 4: How many of your queries have been addressed by the authority?

(a) All
(b) Almost all
(c) Very few
(d) None

Q5) Do you think RTI as an effective tool in securing information from organisations like MCA? Why?

Q6. Do you have any apprehensions in using this Act?

Apprehensions
1. I need more knowledge about the Act
2. It requires a lot of hassle to file an application
3. I will get into trouble for seeking information about Government bodies
4. It would require a lot of visits to the concerned office of PIO/APIO
5. Any Other (Please specify)

Q7. Are you aware to whom the application with regards to MCA should be address to and where you have to submit it

1. Yes 2. No

Q8. Are you aware that there are many Government agencies and NGOs working to help the appellants file a complaint and follow up.

1.Yes 2. No

Q9. Are you aware that you can file a first appeal within 30 days from the day of receiving the information, if the information provided to you is incomplete or no information is provided at all? 
1.Yes 2. No

Q10. Are you aware that you can file a second appeal within 90 days from the day of receiving the information after filing the first appeal to the concerned SIC or directly to the CIC, if the information provided to you is incomplete or no information is provided?
1.Yes 2.No

Q11. What suggestions do you have to encourage citizen’s use this act?

a) There should be a facilitation centre to give details regarding the process of filing an RTI application.
b) There should a user manual/guide present in every Department where RTI applications are filed
c) Advertisements in television/newspaper etc.
d) Prominent display in all Government offices spreading awareness about the RTI Act
Any Other (Please specify)

Any other experience you would like to share with us regarding your knowledge or utility of Right To Information Act:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register