LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

natarajan nr (freelancer)     13 April 2010

contempt laws

Restoration of civil contempt application dismissed on default for non appearance of the lawyer. Can I have a case law ?  - ramalingam3j@gmail.com

Learning

4 Replies

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     13 April 2010

It is filed as interlocutary application under or.39 rule 2A of CpC

To restore such application section 151 can be used.

If the breach/disobedience of order is continuing one, you can file fresh application.

1988 Civil Court Cases 306 (P&H)
PUNJAB & HARYANA HIGH COURT

Mohinder Kaur
Vs
Surinder Jit Kaur

Civil Procedure Code, 1908, Section 151, Order 39, Rule 2-A, Order 9 - Petition under order 39 rule 2-A dismissed for default - Restoration - In absence of a specific provision jurisdiction under Section 151 CPC can be exercised.

1 Like

Siddhi Agarwal (Owner)     14 April 2010

The judges are corrupt and are treated like bafoons and have no self respect so they don't care for contempt. Your opponent parties  know how  to manage the contempt proceedings. In our case BMC has ignored the High Court bench order passed by the bench of two judges and when we filed contempt petion a single judge is taking his own time in passing an order as he is not accountable to law of country but to temtation of offer of money for delaying or dismissing well established matter. It is almost 4 months since we filed contempt petion.

natarajan nr (freelancer)     14 April 2010

Thank you Mr. Ramesh for the spontaneous reply. I am grateful. Now let me work on the lead given by you.

Thanks again.

girishankar (manager)     14 April 2010

Thank U sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register