LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanyam Malhotra (Advocate)     06 January 2012

Consumer complaint

Consumer purchased a LCD TV from Samsung. It was defective and stopped working after 4 months of use. Their service centre took the TV for repairs but were unable to repair it and now state it needs part replacement. They have not even given any diagnosis as to what went wrong?

Goods supplied were defective so is consumer complaint is maintainable?

How material are the warranty conditions and stipulations? Warranty card covers only repair, not replacement with a new TV. Warranty also states that maximum liability of Samsung shall be the MRP of the product purchased.

So can I file a complaint praying for replacement with a new TV? or I should only pray for entire money back?

When I am paying the price for a new product/TV, then why should I settle for a repaired one? Can this be a contention in the complaint or I am bound by warranty? Or should I pray for money back with interest or without?

Advice/opinion welcome.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 January 2012

Your consumer complaint is maintainable.

Kindly safe keep the original bill of purchase, warranty card, 1st,2nd..... service card ( customer copy), and service bill if any.

Warranty implies company shall repair the defect and if can not be repaired, the machine shall be replaced.

If the company has not mentioned the actual fault, or the part to be replaced in the appropriate column there is a reason to agitate. You can demand this in writing under acknowledgment and if the service centre denies you can communicate to service centre, concerned Regional office/Regional manager, Head Office by email and speak to toll free number and raise your demand. During each representation ask them to assign complaint number and if they maintain complaint number issued 1st time shall continue ask them to issue a unique transaction number to each representation.

pehredar@network18online.com

https://www.facebook.com/Pehredar

has helped many consumers to get the replacements.

When you get the replacement you may opt for extended warranty.

GURMUKH (CS)     07 January 2012

If nothing above works to address ur grievance....file complaint in the District Consumer Forum under Consumer Protection Act 1986.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 January 2012

I agree with Mr. Kumar Doab, file consumer complaint with all documents. Your LCD can be changed, price refunded with compensation/cost for mental agony etc

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     07 January 2012

You should issue a legal notice first.

You may try the following usefull link-

https://ccccore.co.in/

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     16 January 2012

Issue notice to both manufacturer and dealer to whom you purchased LCD. Narrate  the facts that LCD consists manufacturing defect which could not be removed/rectified by their service centre inspite of their many efforts . So either they should refund the price of LCD with copensation or replce the defective LCD with the new one.If they do not respond, then file complaint before Consumer  Forum having jurisdiction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register