Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mehul (abc)     10 January 2012

Compensation for illtreatment by international airline

Hi,

About 3 weeks back, i travelled via an International flight. The journey was 11 hours long.

I am strict hindu vegeterian, and so, a week before the flight, i had lodged request with the airlines for vegeterian meals to be in place.

usually the airline entertains personal choice, (as it did, when i went with the same, previously).

This time, when i boarded, i was told, that they had not taken down the request for vegeterian meals, and hence, had to starve on the 11 hour flight.

The airhostesses dint look very concerned as they were busy in entertaining other passengers. It was a horrfying troublesome journey.

Upon arrival, i wrote email to the airlines regarding their fault. In their first reply, they claimed, the mistake was on my side, and i had not booked meals. In subsequent emails and investigations, the airlines ACCEPTED their fault in written, that their officer failed to take down my preference, and hence the disappointment.

I then asked for a compensation, against causing me so much of trouble...literally starving me on an 11hour flight.

They appear absolutely indiffernet, and said, all their rules canallow them to, is to offer a 50usd voucher to be used for next travell.

It makes no sense, in getting compensation, that too so meagre, in form of a voucher, coz u cant be compelled to use their services once again.

I am really so pissed of by this airlines, claiming to be world` one of th ebest airways, for the kind of treatment they give inflight.

Kindly tell me, how may i proceed against this airlines? How can i take it to court of law?

Compensation to tune of what amount could be claimed for the harrasment ?

Note - The airline belongs to Hongkong, the ticket was purhcased from indian office. The Economy class return ticket`s cost was approximately 56000.

Waiting for your reply,

Thank you!

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 January 2012

Since the company has finally accepted their lapse and fault you have validated reason to lodge complaint in India.

Their initial denials are serious lapse in committement to be reasonable and fair  to customer and act of harassment.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     11 January 2012

you can raise a consumer complaint for claiming the damages at the nearest forum from where you purchased your ticket.

Madhu ojha (Orthopedic surgeon)     14 January 2012

You can report to The IATA about the bad service provided by the airline You could have recorded the name of the crew staff in the cabin who denied to give u yr type of meals In your ticket also they mention about yr meals U check yr document first Then U lodge a complaint in consumer forum too with the guidance of a good lawyer who works in that forum regularly Pl Ask yr travel agent about the IATA

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     15 January 2012

Sir,

You should approach the Consumer Redressal Forum in your area and put before the Forum all the data and the proofs. You will definitely be suitably compensated for the deficiency in service as also for the mental tension that you had to go through.

Thanks & regards,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register