LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemant bhatia (proprietor)     06 November 2011

Co op housing society

Sir I am a resident member, Landowner (Conveyance not yet done) and Secretary(Provisional Committee) of a Co-Op Housing Society. The only resident members are my previous Tenants and me and my brother. Out of total of 25 members 18members( purchasers of flat) are operating commercially and have even obtained the Shop and Establishments Licenses. The committe consisits of 04 Commercial users and myself a resident member. Our Chairman is himself a lawyer who operates from 03 in nos flats in Ground Floor all amalgamated and also encroched upon the common passage of the society as well as the society compound by constructing a fence for 02 in nos parking and opening an entrance gate thereby changing the elevation, before the formation of the society. 04 in no flats are sold in the name of commercial organisations. Four in nos membrs ( including the Chairman )have given an application to me stating that the Developer( ONLY DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS HAVE BEEN GIVEN) has alloted them parking spaces.  The Society does not has an office of its own and the committee membrs are not cooperating in solving this issue saying that let the new comm decide. There is tremendous infighting going on among the members regarding the parking and i have received several applications for allotment of parking.As per the Development Plan only two parking spaces are sanctioned.

I would like to know what steps should be taken 

To stop commercial usage of premises

How to solve the parking issue

Can Share Certificates be issued (in Commercial Name )  after an undertaking given by the member and still operating commercially in a Housing Society  

Learning

1 Replies

sekar (retd)     01 April 2012

Why is no one replyig to this post?

This happens in every hsg socy.

The Registrar is loose , the law is also, loose.Suffer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register