Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

d (SAP)     09 September 2009

Child's Birth Certificate - Father's Name

Hi,

I am legally divorced and have a 3 yrs old daughter having custody of my child, with no visitation rights to my ex-husband and no maintenance for my child from him.

I'm planning to get married and my daughter's main school admission process has begun. The birth certificate of the child carries the name of my ex-husband on it.

Please suggest a way out to have to document be presented to school, without my x-husband's name or with the new guys name.

Please suggest me the best possible approach for her admission.

TIA !

Learning

8 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     09 September 2009

If you do not want your ex-husband's name appear in the school register of your daughter, you can change the name of your daughter either by adding your new husband's name in it or without it.  Prescribed name change application forms are available in the government printing press.  You have to enter the necessary details, pay the requisite fee and send that form on the address given in it.  Your daughter's name as you want it to appear will be changed accordingly, will be published in the official government gazette, the copy of government gazette will be sent to you on your residential address, and that gazette copy will be treated as official document to confirm the name of your daughter.  Regards.  ddkharpudikar@indiatimes.com

d (SAP)     10 September 2009

My problem is not the name change of the child, as I've anyways not placed her full name in any place as yet. I need to document to be presented in school with my new husbands name ..... I'm talking abt the birth certificate equivalent legal document that can have my new husband's name. .. to be presented to school at time of admission

(Guest)

You can change the name of the Child. Why you want to change her father's name. If your laws can change X husband's name but biologigally can you change any thing from her body. Please don't do this mistake in India. You better to it America or Australia.

(Guest)

You better to do it in America or Australia. Can you change it in Hospital records? Please not to do it in India. Her father is only one.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     24 November 2009

If your new husband legally adopts your daughter, his name will appear in place of father's name.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     24 November 2009

Legally u have to apply in court alongwith ur present husband and then if court will allow then ur present husband can adopt ur daugher and name of ur present husband will be placed at the name of father being adopted child.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Deepti (SAP)     22 December 2009

Can you detail me the steps I need to follow for legal adoption of my child. And how often does the court deny legal adoption to new husband.

Would my x-husband be asked for approval, though divorce deed said he won't be interfering in any decision for child and no visitation right to him.

Deepti (SAP)     22 December 2009

Can you suggest me the where abouts of the govt. printing press in delhi and any other details if available.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register