LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

zenia (none)     01 May 2010

child custody

I have an adopted daughter of 10 year old . As per the adoption papers Iam the only legal guardian . My ex wife being the custodial parent left the child with me and went abroad for her career inspite of me giving the full and final maintanance . I cannot  take the custody of the child due to family problems . Nw , for some financial reasons i have to go abroad and my EX refuses to come and take the child . She also threatens me that she will sue me abroad if I leave the child with the relatives and go abroad . what do I do now ? can i keep the child in boarding school ?

Learning

6 Replies

mahendrakumar (marketing)     02 May 2010

You can keep the child either in boarding school or with relatives as you are the legal guardian.

she cannot sue you abroad.  Even if she want to file against  you she will have to do the same at an indian court.

only thing is that wherever you leave the child,make sure the safety of the child.

scharlie (worker)     03 May 2010

Only you are legal guardian so you can keep your whether you want main thing is the security and all the child needs are fulfilled are not. if you can go abroad with the child then this is best option if you not then keep the child with relatives or as well as boarding school.

Only you are legal guardian so you can keep your whether you want main thing is the security and all the child needs are fulfilled are not. if you can go abroad with the child then this is best option if you not then keep the child with relatives or as well as boarding school.

[url=https://www.childcustodydispute.com]child custody advice for children[/url]

Or you can consult with your lawyer........

(Guest)

1. It is the welfare of child which needs to be protected at the time of making any decision by a guardian of the ward.
2. You may safely keep the child in a boarding school with POA given to a 'relative' for wathcing her safety, security, growth, education and such relevant welfare of child issues and you as a guardian should constantly ensure your closeness to her during your overseas shifting time (years) by constantly keepign in touch with her.
3. Your estranged wife has no role whatsoever in making any welfare of child guardians decision thought process and donot get confused with her say at this juncture.
4. However, if you can manage travel with her and upkeeping of her in foreign posting locale then it is your guardianship giveback to her since she is adopted by you, in whichever scenario it is your call and no ones else if welfare of the child is kept completely secured durign foreign posting days.
Rgds.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     05 May 2010

what is your religion?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register