Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     12 October 2010

cheque bounce case

Hi sir,

I have lended money to one of my known persons. I took a cheque from him.and also took his sign on promisory note for the amount given by me. Now that he is not giving my money back , i want to bounce that cheque. can you please let me know the following details

1)for me to file cheque bounce case is it manadotry to know his fathers name ?

2)if we dont know his fathers name , how to approach the case ?

3)that person is changing his residential address time and again . How to send him legal notice.

can some one help me out.

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 October 2010

Sir, It is true that you have to know the person's father's name to take legal recourse. I think you can get his father's name through his bank account details.

If the person is changing his residential address often, try sending notice to his office address. If he does not accept, then send an RPAD and UCP and keep the receipt with yourself to show you have tried sending the notice.

Gayatri Gayatri ( )     12 October 2010

madam thanks. what is RPAD and UCP  ?????

will bank people tell us his fathers name ? can you give me some suggestion in finding it out.

how many years will it take for this cheque bounce case ? wat could be the punishment. becoz i also have to go to court for this right.

is it necessary for me to go to court every time ?  or its ok if i go first time ?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 October 2010

Sir, I think bank people will co operate with you if you tell him the facts and hwy you need his father's name. Nowadays bank treat cheque bouncing as a serious offence. You can more about RPAD and UCP from the post office people. They will explain the method of posting under these. I cannot say about the exact amount of time the case will take. It depends on the procedures and steps taken by the advocates. It is not necessary to visit court for you every time. Your advocate will do the needful for you. 

RPAD : Registered Post Acknowledgment Due.

UCP : Under Certificate of Posting.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     12 October 2010

First of all in any procedding you have to explaint how you parted money to a person not fullt known to you.

Vinoba (Advocate)     12 October 2010

Hello,

I endorse what Mme. Suchitra has advised.

L. Vinoba

Advocate,

Pondicherry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register