Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitinjain (Engineer)     15 August 2010

cheque bounce case

Hi ,

There are set of friends of mine who had applied for US visa through a consulting company and had paid X amount as surety to join the company after visa is granted. After an year the company just sent a cheque of teh amount as a refund not even mentioning as what happened to the visa application. the cheques are now bouncing. the company has changed their address and the reprsentatuve of teh company has switched off their mobile. How to go on with this case. Its not possible to file a case as we dont have any address where we can send teh notice. can anyone help me by telling if we have to register the case in jurisdiction of the company ?

Learning

4 Replies

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     15 August 2010

give complaint to the police preferably crime branch.

harsh asthana (advocate)     15 August 2010

You should clarify as to the money was given as processing charges or there is any promise of visa If the money is paid for processing the visa that is guidance, filling of forms etc. then you can not claim the money.

Generally no agent can promise visa as that is not his decision, he can only take processing charges for guiding you for visa

Thirugnanam (business)     16 August 2010

Take the bounced cheques and the consulting company name which you may be knowing and file an FIR against them in the crime branch.you have to complain near your friends residence and collect all the FIR and send to the CBI.you may get clear idea.

SANJAY GUPTA (Advocate)     17 August 2010

dont go for the N.I.Act as this is the clear case of cheating,lodge F.I.R to the crime branch.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register