LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarsatish022 (student)     12 January 2010

cheque book

I have an account in Oriental Bank of Commerce. my cheque book is lost and i went to bank to issue me fresh cheque book  as i know that all cheque had been exhausted. but bank is arguing to provide cheque slip attached at the back or requisition slip (what they called) only after which cheque book will be issued.also they are saying that you has large balance in your account we cannot issue u cheque book. i am student and has to make Demand draft

members please reply. urgent pls

Learning

6 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     12 January 2010

I had a similar problem in the past but then the bankers had asked me to write an application giving the details about my bank account and the reason towards the loss of cheque book. Thereafter it took around few days and I was presented with a new one. So if the officers are not helping you, go & seek the help of branch manager. I am sure, he will come out with a concrete solution.

subhash kumar (advocate)     12 January 2010

Dear, You have to first made a complaint to the police station about the lost of the cheque book so the same could not be misused  than along with the copy of the same write a letter to the branch manager for issue of the new cheque book  alongwith the instruction to stop the payments of the cheques  unused , the details of the same can be obtained from the bank to safe guard your account. If the bank manager not issue you the cheque book then you have right to serve legal notice and can approached the consumer court for defieciency of services and metal agoney .

Subhash kumar, adv

subhash kumar (advocate)     12 January 2010

thank you for the answer

(Guest)
Mr.Kumarsatish, First lodge a complaint to the Branch Manager loss of your cheque book and stop them any payment when any cheque of your presented to the Bank.(Cheque leaf numbers can be verified in the register when they issued the cheque book to you) later submit a self declaration affidavit to the Branch Manager stating all facts. Next lodge a complaint with Police. It will help you in near future if Branch Manager plays any game with you. Still if they don't issue you first send a complaint to Banking Ombudsman with all relevent xerox copies.Still no action send a legal notice and file damages suit for causing mental agony to you.Barnch Manager will come down and issue you freash Cheque Book to you. Good Luck.

(Guest)

As you are a student Branch Manager tell you some stories or may show negligience over you. Do not hesitate. Ask him all explanation on the paper if rejected your request.

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     13 January 2010

Mr. Subhash is right

serve him with a legal notice

file consumer complaint then

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register