Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M.Sharma (Excutive)     13 December 2010

Cheating by Car Dealer

Hi,

I have purchased a New Chevrolet Beat from a G.M. Dealer (Pune) vehicle cost as follow.

X-Showroom Price  Rs.4,30,000.00  

Registration + Handling charges Rs.34797.00

Insurance charges = Rs, 13441.00

Total Cost= 4, 78,238.00 as they called it, (On road price)

Payment to the dealer as under

By Cash. Rs. 286280.00

By Loan. Rs. 192620.00

Total Payment made:  4,78,903.00

I have paid an excess amount Rs.665.00

They have issued me an invoice Rs. 4, 25,665.00

And debit note                                                 Rs.48,238.00 for vehicle registration , handling and registration charges.

Total. Rs.4,73,903.00 it means they have issued me a less amount invoice.

Total difference between my vehicle cost and my payment is Rs.5665.00, and total difference in my payment and their receipt is Rs.5000.00 which they suppose to refund me.

But they are not ready to refund me the amount; I have already contacted them many times but they are not responding. I have the invoice and receipt copy original with me,

Yes the important thing is they are not issuing me the loan paid receipt, (paid by the HDFC Bank on behalf of me)

Can I go for a consumer case against the dealer?  If yes then what is the procedure, he is a reputed person in the city.

I don’t care about his reputation as far I know there is no special law for a reputed person or common men, all are same in the eyes of law (justice)  

Your suggestions highly appreciated

Regards

Sumeet  Agarwal & Manju Sharma

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 December 2010

Issue notice to the dealer for playing unfair trade practice and to refund the excess collected amount, if dealer didn't respond then file a consumer case, it comes under the consumer act.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     13 December 2010

@M.Sharma

As rightly advised by @Adv.Rajeev you should first serve a legal notice under which you demand your amount. If he does not revert your money you can certainly file a case in the consumer forum. You need to consult an advocate in this quest and make a formal petition. The process though is shown very easy in the T.V commercial calls for legal expert atleast for making a petition. Still if you prefer you can file a simple complaint explaining all the relevant details in a complaint to the local Consumer Complaint Forum.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

M.Sharma (Excutive)     14 December 2010

Thank you very much sir, 

(Guest)

I have filed a similar case before Consumer court at Chennai on behalf of my client for Hyundai Santro car under Unfair Trade Practice and it is pending. Hence I agree with Mr.Rajoo.

M.Sharma (Excutive)     02 January 2011

Hi Experts, I have sent a Unfair Trade Practice Notice to the dealer for 15 days time to reply,but they didn't reply yet, and one mail also send to the Car Manufacturer and their reply as under 

This is in reference to your email to us concerning your Chevrolet Beat LT.

We have gone through the contents of your e-mail and understand your concern, since the matter needs to be investigated in regard to your feedback, our enfranchised
dealership M/s Pashankar Auto,Pune is being requested for assistance & clarification on the matter.

Also, we are advising Sales Manager of M/s Pashankar Auto to provide you necessary possible assistance in the matter.

We thank you for writing into us and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance.

Warm Regards
ManMohan Bhasker
Customer Assistance Center
Chevrolet Sales India, Gurgaon
*e-mail - gmi.cac@gm.com

This is the mail which i got from the manufacture, but still the dealer is saying do whatever you want to do. 

what shall i do then, should i go for consumer court, or civil court, 

Please reply 

Regards

M.Sharma

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register