Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (retired officer)     10 July 2011

Change of name in the property records

Hi Friends,

my son who is NRI sent money to his mother to buy the house. Advocate suggested to include

my sons name also to make it a joint property as the source of money is from him. this was old house.

it was demolished  and constructed a new one with the money sent by him to his mother by way of gift.

he wants now his name to b deleted from this property  so that only his mother becomes the sole owner.

is there any way out to delete his name without paying the stamp duty applicable to sale and purchase

of property in  Maharashtra?

Learning

7 Replies

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     12 July 2011

The son may relinquish his rights in favour of his mother.

Ram (retired officer)     12 July 2011

HI Mr Agarwal,

thank u for ur reply.i would like to know in this case if son relinquishes his share in fevour of his mother, will it attract stamp duty as applicable tosale transaction?

niraj (legal practitioner)     12 July 2011

sir,ofcourse it will attract as applicable in sale.in my opinion there is only way i.e mother file a suit for declaration of title against son and son can file compromise .

prabhakar agarwal (manager finance)     13 July 2011

dear sir

our comapany name is seeta integrated steel & energy limited formaly know as seeta sponge iron ltd. sir land deed in name of seeta sponge iron ltd pls let me know that what is the process of change the name.

pls call me if any query- 9438713485/ 

sheela tonny (homemaker)     20 July 2011

what's the procedure for change of name in the giftdeed? deed is 25 years old given to me by my parents. It was  registered at that time but can they cancel it and  rewrite without my consent. What steps should be taken to make it secured in  my name?

thankyou

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     20 July 2011

If the Gift Deed is registered at Registrar Office u can file a suit for possession for that.  

Tanmoy Daw (Accountant)     12 August 2014

I would like to know, I want to change my name from my will, so what is the procidure to changing name??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register