Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TANMOY (director)     25 August 2009

CAN METROPOLITAN MAGISTRATE GRANT POLICE PROTECTION?

my wife filed a case under 138 n.i. act and 420 ipc as she had received a cheque which was returned on the ground 'Refer to drawer-A/c Frozen'. now the accused is threatning me to kill if my wife will not take back these two cases. two days ago, he assaulted me in the road infrontof 20 people and if people will not come out to rescue me then mostprobably i was a dead man by this time. i need police protection immediately. can i approach the metropolitan magistrate first class or should i approach the high court? thanks

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

You may not need to go to magistrate for police protection.  Police themselves will provide you police protection if you approach them.  You may have to pay special charges for availing of the services as has been fixed by the Government.

1 Like

TANMOY (director)     26 August 2009

I have enquired with the local police station but I am told that there is no such provision to give police protection to individual citizen even against payment. I will be grateful to you if you can give me the concerned department details in orissa. I am ready to pay but I don't know to whom should I pay.

ghansham das (self employed engineer)     02 October 2009

Sir can you pls go thro'

Attached File : 29 lawclub 2 oct09 note ii.doc downloaded: 190 times

L (service)     05 October 2009

please any expert reply tanmoy's query.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register