Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amar (Asst lead engineer)     12 December 2011

Buying plot from gpa holder in andhra pradesh

Sir,

I want to buy a plot from a GPA holder in Rangareddy dist of Andhra Pradesh. The original owner executed a registered 'SALE CUM GPA' agreement on 11/11/2011. I am worried because of recent supreme court order (on 11/10/2011) indicating that 'SA/GPA/WILL' are not legitimate means of transfer of ownership. Will this judgement apply for AP also? The GPA holder is suggesting that the GO regarding this has not yet come. I want to know if there will be any legal problems in future if I buy the plot from the GPA holder. 

Regards,

Amar

Learning

2 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     12 December 2011

If the sale agreement was registered why GPA  was also given.

Vakeel Civil Court (Director)     12 December 2011

It is a common practice in hyderabad and sorrounding RR dist to register an Agreement of sale cum GPA with possession. The entire sale consideration is paid by the AOS cum GPA holder and possession is obtained.

The only reason is to avoid payment of full Stampduty by mediators/brokers. After the SC Judgment there is a lot of confussion but the Govt of AP has not released any GO as to the future of such transactions and people are continuing with the old system. 

It is very clear that the SC judgment is ment to rectify the misuse of GPA for avoiding stampduty. The State govts should clarrify the position ASAP to avoid the confussion.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register